Chapter 39: Missed me?

"I never knew this path even existed." Lavender looked outside the window of the car.

"Not everyone knows about it. That's exactly why we have our HQ here." Tristen replied. "It's like even after all those years of living in Bilsburg, I know nothing about my own town." Lavender giggled.

Tristen found it amusing that she could giggle at a crisis of life and death. "Oh, I know it inside out." He winked at her, putting his arm around her neck. "Of course you do." She smiled, resting her head on his shoulder. "How much more time?" She asked.

"We're nearly there." Brendon replied, driving the car. Tristen's car was followed by four more cars, front and back. They were all his men. "Ugh, I can't feel my neck. It's stiff." Cady groaned from the passenger seat. "Just suck up to it." Brendon said, making her roll her eyes.

In the backseat, Lavender was getting comfortable in Tristen's arms. "Was it a good idea to leave Granna all by herself?" She asked worriedly. "Yes. We had no option. But don't worry about her, she's not a weak old hag, she's stronger than she looks." He grinned. "I hope she's alright." She muttered.

"You really don't have to worry about her, Lavender. She enjoys being alone. That way, she can call her boyfriend over. Ugh, I don't want to say any further. I one time accidentally walked in on them in the kitchen making out." Cady rolled her eyes. Lavender giggled a little while Tristen caressed her hair.

I'm going to kill him, he kept thinking. "We're here." Brendon said, unlocking the car doors. The HQ was not like some hut in the forest, it was actually a pretty concrete and solid construction. It was three storey and enough for the number of present people to stay  at the HQ.

"Tristen I'm scared." She held Tristen's hand. "From what? Your parents?" He asked, watching her nod. "Tell them about this." He touched her tummy. "They won't be angry at you anymore." He said, getting out of the car by the time she could even reply. He held the door while she stepped out, taking her sweet time. "God, I feel nauseous." Lavender groaned as Tristen rubbed her back.

Tristen led her inside the HQ and into the living room where Lavender found her parents sitting comfortably on the couch. "Lavender!" Mrs. Hills came running when she spotted her. She embraced her in her arms as if she hadn't met her since a decade. Mr. Hills followed, hugging Lavender after Mrs. Hills was done. "Mom, dad, I'm sor-" She started.

"We had been worried sick! Why didn't you call us?" Mrs. Hills scolded. "Uh, I lost my phone, actually." Lavender shrugged. "Brendon told us about this Juggy person, how he's been spreading rumours about you both." She said. "Oh, mom... dad..." Lavender sighed heavily. "He told us how he's after you and..." Mrs. Hills trailed off as she glanced at Tristen who stopped behind her daughter. Lavender spun around to look at him and then back at her mom.

"No, mom. Don't get him wrong this time. He's left everything behind for me, I swear. He's not a mafia anymore." Lavender started, as Tristen looked at her with pity. Mrs. Hills had a threatening look in her eyes for Tristen. Brendon and Cady along with the rest had joined them in the living room, as well. "Mom, we're going to be parents, soon. I apologize that we're telling this to you right now, but due to obvious reasons, we could not set a date for our wedding." Tristen said, putting a palm on her stomach. Lavender watched him in horror, not expecting him to bring it up so quick. She feared her parents might get angry for having a baby out of wedlock.

"What?" Mr. Hills asked, unable to believe it at first. Lavender looked back at her parents fearfully, her heart racing as if it were on a race track. Will they get mad at me again? Her thoughts raced. Mrs. Hills rose her hand, making Lavender flinch. This time, Tristen was not going to sit back and watch. He blocked any possible attack from her mother, partially covering her with his body while his other hand held her close.