Chapter 43: If I die, Love Again

Soon, the gun was shot.

Tristen felt a bolt of nothing running through his body, leaving it as fast as it had entered. He opened his eyes in surprise, checking for any bullets inside him. He raised his head to find Juggy bleeding through his chest.

He slowly stumbled to the side, clearing Tristen's view of the person who shot the weapon. Lavender stood there boldly, holding the revolver in both of her hands. She had known the reason why Tristen had asked her to save a bullet.

Tristen felt himself lose his mind, when he saw his girl committing a crime. She had an intention to kill, not to injure. It was in her eyes. Her red eyes.

"This... does not end... with me...." Juggy mumbled, suddenly shooting his revolver at Lavender. The bullet flew in a blink of an eye and hit her in her stomach. "NOO!" Tristen screeched at the sight, his voice completely distorted.

Lavender widened her eyes in shock, not because she was hit, but because the baby inside was. Tears rolled down her eyes at the thought of an innocent life dying, without even stepping out in the world. A life that had nothing to do with anything going in the world. "No..." She whispered, touching her tummy.

Juggy raised his gun at her again, aiming for her death.

A bullet striked through his brain, making him fall on the ground. Tristen was kneeling beside Brendon as he used his gun to kill him. Brendon was conscious, but not enough to move.

Tristen stood up and shot all the bullets inside his skull, giving multiple headshots to make sure Juggy never got up again. Upon emptying the entire handgun, he released the magazine and pulled out a fresh one from his pocket to insert it inside the gun.

Making his way towards Juggy, he shot all of the fresh bullets, making sure that he would never get up. All shot in the brain.

"Tristen...." Brendon managed to speak, bringing Tristen out of his anger. Upon turning to Bredon, he simply pointed into Lavender's direction. Tristen followed his gaze and realized that he had completely forgotten about his wife, while devoured by anger.

"Lavender!" He ran towards her, holding her in his arms as he kneeled down. "No, not again, Lavender please, not this time." He patted her cheeks to wake her up. Luckily, she was still in her senses. "The baby.... is dead." She whispered, before shutting her eyes. "No, stay with me!" He howled like a lone wolf in the darkest night of the year.

"We can make it to the hospital! Come on!" He said, picking her up in his arms. "It'll be too late." She mumbled. "SHUT UP LAVENDER! I DARE YOU TO SAY THAT TO ME AGAIN!" His voice distorted itself, while he ran to his car.

"Tristen... I don't think my fate's with me this time." Lavender said while laying in the backseat. "CAN'T YOU JUST LISTEN TO ME ONCE?" He snapped, angered by her pessimism. "But we've already lost a life. An innocent life. Do you think I'm responsible? I can never be a responsible mother." Her voice trembled, as tears rolled down her eyes.

"Lavender why.... Why're you..." Tristen broke into tears of his own, stepping on the gas to accelerate the speed. He did not know what to say. He knew he was responsible for the death of his child. And hearing Lavender talk about responsibility made him go nuts.

"It's not you, Lav. You are the best mother in this world. And the best wife anyone could ever get. I could never be the best husband, or the best father for you, or for Jane." He sniffled, taking a sharp turn.

"It was a girl?" Lavender felt a lump in her throat. She had imagined her future with her child; things she would do if it were a boy, and the things she would do if it were a girl. She had imagined more on the latter scenario. She just knew the way she would raise her girl; taking her out every Saturday afternoon as a Mother-Daughter day, dining out with them both every Sunday night, and the amount of fun and recreational activities she would do with her were endless.