Chapter 14: Gifts And Presents

Lavender woke up with a yawn when the sunlight penetrated her eyelids.

She looked around to find if Tristen was still there. He had left, with a note on her table.

Can't wait to see how lovely you'll dress up today. See you at noon. I've unlocked the door of your bedroom for you.

- Tristen

"How sweet of him." She smiled, looking at the door to find its latch open. She then looked at the time. "ELEVEN THIRTY? SHIT!" She jumped off her bed and ran straight into the bathroom to freshen up.

She was in the state of worry to choose her best dress to impress Tristen. Although, a part inside her was against it. It made an attempt to warn Lavender of the consequences of living a life with a mafia. After all, watching people die was not something many people were fond of.

But then, the way how much he loved her was enough to put her in a dilemma. So the question was, what option should she choose? Either of her choices would have consequences that differed intensely. If she chose to love him and let him stay by her side, not only would she put herself in danger but give Tristen's rivals a weakness he could not come over.

If she chose to reject him, she would be spending her life in hell with the regret of letting go of the man who truly loved her. No doubt she could find someone else, but easier said than done. And anyways, who would reject their perfect first love? Not everyone goes through the heaven of choosing the right someone at the first pick.

After wearing her white lace inners, Lavender wrapped the bathrobe around her body and came out of the bathroom. She stood in front of her closet with her chin propped up on her palm, trying her best to choose the right dress.

"I could wear this white one, but this peach one's attracting me more." She pouted, looking at both of them in confusion. She hung them side to side inside her closet to compare them while opening her bathrobe. She let it fall to her feet and proceeded to let her hair down.

"White one's better."

"GEEZZ!" Lavender felt her shoulders jump and a shiver rush down to her tail bone. She spun around in surprise and found Tristen sitting at the edge of her bed, leaning forward as his elbows rested on his widely open thighs; propping his chin on his palm with one hand.

He had dressed differently, which was a surprise. He was wearing a long black blazer coat with a fitted emerald green turtle neck shirt, and jet black jeans. His hair were not combed in the classic sexy way, instead they were let down on his forehead, left frizzy instead of being gelled.

His outfit screamed 'boyfriend material' in all parallel dimensions. The mafia prince, Tristen Killings, was for once dressed up for a normal date.

No illegal business.

"Why are you here?" Lavender gasped. She did take her time to let his new look sink in her mind. Oh, yes she did feel herself tighten. Had it not been her parents' house....

"I thought I'd see you before formally coming over." He shrugged, pointing at the window.

"You can't come into anyone's room like that!" She reprimanded.

"You're not 'anyone', though." He smirked proudly, lowering his gaze at her curves. He gently smiled at his thoughts, biting his lip to stop his smile from spreading wider.