Chapter 33: Old Is Gold

"That's right!" Lavender exclaimed, looking at the glass that Juggy had thrown in anger. She crawled in stinging pain to the mess, picking up the biggest glass piece and tried to cut her rope.

The piece was so sharp that Lavender ended up cutting her palm that was holding it. Due to the sharp pain, she accidentally cut her wrist instead of the rope. "Ah!" She yelped, catching the attention of the other girls. The girl who helped Lavender came to her rescue, taking the glass away from her hand to cut her own rope. She managed to cut it with ease, and then proceeded to free Lavender. "Help them." She moaned, tearing off the hanging piece of her dress to tie it around her wrist. It was soon drenched in her blood.

"Lavender, what do we do now?" The girl asked, after she had freed the other girls. "Looks like my dramatic injury has already costed us 5 minutes, given that we had about fifteen until the auction. Now, for an escape..." She stood up and looked around herself, trying to come up with a solution. My phone was confiscated, too. She thought, looking at the ceiling to find a square window on the top, meant for ventilation. She then looked at all the girls, who stared back at her in confusion and suspense, waiting for her to speak.

They only chose girls who are thin and tall, she analyzed the situation before telling her plan. "Alright, we'll make out escape through that window." She pointed up at the window. "Are you crazy? It's not like we can reach up there." One of them argued. "We all have a good height, and that's a merit. If one of us can support the others to help them climb up, we can get out of here." Lavender explained. "And who would be that person? I'm sure you'd use your injury as an excuse to get out first." Another scoffed. "Girls! Stop being like that! If we don't support each, how can we make it through here? This is the only reason why men have dominated us through the ages, because we envy each other! Right now, we are not the enemies, but the men who brought us here! It's the time we should stick together and stop blaming others for this!" The same girl said, standing beside Lavender.

"I'll kneel down, with one foot on the ground like this." Lavender said, kneeling on one knee below the window with her other leg folded at a right angle. "You, come here." She gestured to the girl who had the most injuries on her body. "Step on my thigh, and then my shoulder. I'll try to lift you up as much as I can, so grab onto the window pane and pull yourself because your life depends on it. Hurry!" Lavender ordered, like a leader. The girl followed her orders, standing on her thigh to step on her shoulders. Lavender tried to stand up as high as she could, hiding her pain. "It's good! The fall is not that much, we can jump." The girl on the top replied, pulling herself before she jumped through the window.

In reality, the pain in Lavender's abdomen was so stingy that she thought she would die. But she partly felt responsible for the other girls after hearing what Tristen had done. He was so done once Lavender escaped that hell hole, if she was able to escape at all. She helped eleven girls climb up and escape the room, when she realized that she could not stand up anymore. "Are you okay? Let me help them for a while." The kind girl said, as Lavender sat aside to rest. She helped the rest of the girls escape before holding Lavender's hand. "Come, I'll help you first. I'm quite tall, so I can at least do one pull up." She smiled.

"You're different from the rest." Lavender said wearily. "I know who you are. Although I don't know how you got involved with a mafia, I do know that you are a good person who could never wish for someone's bad." She smiled. "What's your name?" Lavender asked, carefully looking at her face. She put her hair aside to notice that she had bruises on her face. "I'm Samantha, your fan. Samantha from the Leslie town." Samantha smiled, helping her up. "You need to go first. Listen to me, just go." Lavender said, sitting under the window.

"But how will you manage to come out?" She asked worriedly. "Don't worry about it. I'll always remember you, Samantha. Let's see each other at my fan meeting, if I'm able to escape." Lavender smiled, putting her leg forward. They heard some voices and footsteps coming in their direction. "Hurry!" She said, as Samantha quickly stood on her thigh to push herself up on the window. Lavender fell to the side after she climbed the window. "Lavender! Give me your hand!" Samantha yelled. "JUST GO!" Lavender yelled even louder, as they heard the door unlock. "Lavender!" She cried.