Chapter 40: Execution

"Missed me?"

"You're alive, huh?" Tristen gritted his teeth.

"I was expecting flowers, drugs at the very least. I didn't even get a call from you, buddie." Juggy laughed from the other end.

"Juggy, leave Lavender out of this and fucking face me like a man." Tristen threw his cigar on the floor and smashed it under his foot. "These things are mere illusions, Tristen. Be a man? Fuck... You messed with me, you pay your price." Juggy barked from the other end.

"Jeremy, the price you need to pay for putting a finger on my girl is death. If you still have your fucking guts, come and face me upfront. Don't you dare use your dirty tricks." Tristen warned. "Man, how love changes a man. Your threats have become less threatening, Tristen.  You're no more 'the Tristen Killings', or what's the fancy term they call you, the mafia 'prince'. Believe it or not, you're losing your worth for the woman you fuck every night." Juggy laughed his head off.

"HOW DARE YOU TALK ABOUT HER LIKE THAT? I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU!" Tristen screamed through the phone. "Let's see if you can make it in time before I play my ace cards, without having to risk my precious life. Hm, the worst thing a celebrity can go through must be when defamation can't be challenged." He scoffed.

"Where the bloody fuck are you, faggot?" Tristen spat, tightening his fist. "Uh, I don't know? What you need to know is that Lavender's destruction is on it's way to her company and other media buildings. Good luck."

"JEREMY!" Tristen yelled.

"You should know my whereabouts, I mustn't need to tell you this. Is this all you're capable of, Tristen?"

"YOU FUCKING-" Tristen stopped when Juggy hung up on him. "Brendon, tell Bates to go to his company and stop any type of drama that Juggy has planned. Send our men to each and every fucking media building in Janesville, no matter how small or huge they are, Juggy is attempting defamation on Lavender like he did in the past." He restlessly said. "Lastly, I want information on Juggy's whereabouts, RIGHT NOW!"

"On it." Brendon quickly started dialing numbers, talking to a person for a minute and the other the next. Tristen ran his fingers through his hair in stress as his ex-best friend's words ran in his mind.

Your threats have become less fearful, Tristen. You're no more 'the Tristen Killings'. You're losing your worth for the woman you fuck every night.

"No, he's on his dirty tricks again. I know my worth in this world, and so do others." He snapped out of the delusion Juggy had tried to put him into. He pulled out a cigarette from his pocket to light it, taking a long, long puff only to exhale the smoke and all the stress inside of him.

"Yeah, I told you. I'm completely fine." Lavender smiled, holding the phone to her ear while she sat upright on her bed. Cady sat at her side on the bed, swinging her feet back and forth. "It's totally fine, I'm glad someone other than Tristen still cares for me. Jim hasn't called in ages ever since I've given him my rough draft." Claire giggled.

Cady looked at the way Lavender smiled while talking to Claire, who seemed to be more than just an assistant to her. She was equal to her friend. Cady wondered where she went wrong that she could not encounter such people whom she could trust blindly.

Letting out a huge sigh, she pulled out a cigarette and her lighter. The moment Lavender's voice reached her ears, she quickly kept it back remembering she could not smoke in front of a pregnant woman. "I'll see you soon. Take care." Lavender said, hanging up the call. "Thank you for bringing this to me." She said cheerfully, keeping the phone beside her.