Chapter 26: Happy Reunion

BLEGH!

"Lavender, how'd you get so ill?" Claire rubbed her back while Lavender threw up in the pot of her bathroom. "I seriously don- BLEGH!" She puked her guts out.

"My goodness, who gave you the flu? Was it Tristen?" She scolded. "No." Lavender spat. "He's gone, right?" She asked, sniffling. "Yeah, he left." Claire replied, giving her a wet towel.

"He shouldn't know about it. He worries too much about me. Just too much." Lavender reasoned. "I mean, he loves you. He has every right to be." Claire replied. "Freshen up, I'll set the table for you. Eat your breakfast and have your meds." She rubbed Lavender's back before leaving the bathroom.

"It stinks." Lavender rolled her eyes, flapping her palm in front of her nose left to right. She flushed the toilet before washing her hands. "How the hell did I get sick? I was fine until weeks ago." She wondered, before rinsing her mouth with water.

"Was it at Jim's company? But I didn't eat anything there." She mumbled to herself. She poured some mouth wash in the cap of its bottle and gargled until she was sure that her mouth was clear. She widened her eyes as a thought struck her mind, making her spit the liquid into the sink. "Was it because I drank too much alcohol?" She stared at herself in the mirror.

"I bet that could be it. But then..." She sighed, looking at the designer hand wash bottle kept beside the sink on the counter. "Good lord, I should have gone to the doctor the moment I was hurt." She whined, stomping her foot on the floor.

"Did she throw up?"

"Yes, sir. She did. She was also against you knowing it." Claire sighed, speaking into the receiver of the telephone. "No wonder I fell in love with her. She's stubborn." Tristen replied, making Claire laugh. "Anyways, thanks for letting me know; I'll see her soon later this evening. And keep me up to date with her health. She won't tell me otherwise."

"Definitely." Claire replied, as she heard the call disconnect. She made her way to the kitchen where Lavender was already standing in front of the refrigerator.

"My, my!" Claire gasped, getting startled. "Saw a ghost?" Lavender asked, eating a small chocolate before closing the fridge. "No, it's just that I thought you were in the bathroom. Didn't expect you'd come here so quick." She awkwardly laughed, watching Lavender sit at the counter. "Where's breakfast?" She asked, looking at Claire who was still standing by the door. "Uh, yeah. Almost ready." She rushed to the stove to to put a pan for heating. "Were you talking on the phone?" Lavender narrowed her eyes at her in suspicion.

"NO! Not at all!" Claire gave an exaggerated laugh. "I heard you talking, though." Lavender insisted. "I, uh..." She spun around and started pouring pancake batter into the heated pan.

"Geez, how long are you going to hide it? I already know about it, okay. You can drop the act." Lavender rolled her eyes, placing her phone on the counter to go through her messages. "You know about it?" Claire gulped hard. "Obviously?" She replied, wondering what was wrong with her assistant. "I'm really sorry Lavender, but he was worried and I didn't know what else to do!" She panicked.

"What the hell are you talking about? Is everything alright between you both?" Lavender made a confused face. "Us both?" Claire blinked her eyes in confusion. Oh no, does she think that I'm betraying her by talking to Tristen? Does she think I'm... in an affair with him? She thought, panicking. "No Lavender, that's not what I was doing! You're getting a wrong idea!" She said, putting the pancakes on the plate before turning off the heat.

"What wrong idea? Aren't you guys already a thing?" Lavender scoffed. "No we're- wait, what?" Claire asked, rushing over to Lavender with the plate. "Brendon and you, aren't you guys together already?" She asked, taking a bite out of her plate.