Chapter 03: Reunited by Destiny

Starting her car, she stepped on the gas and hurried to the city hospital. She didn't even care to park the car perfectly. She rushed inside to grab the attention of the medical staff. "Miss, what's wrong?" A nurse stopped her. "I-I need to get this treated." She pointed at her face. "My hand hurts as well."

"Please come in. We must check whether the cut is deep. If so, you'd need stitches." The nurse guided her inside. "Whatever, just do it." Lavender panted breathlessly. At this point, she just didn't care. Sitting on the bed, the nurse went outside to call the doctor.

I'll find you, Tristen, Lavender thought to herself. "Hello, Miss..." The doctor came in followed by the nurse. "Hills." Lavender said.

"Ms. Hills, how did you get the cut on your cheek?" He asked.

"I fell on the ground. I must've scratched it then since there were some sharp pebbles or something."

"Okay. When was the last time you got yourself a shot for tetanus?" He asked, coming closer to examine her wound.

"Uh, I don't remember. Long time ago."

"Don't worry. The cut isn't that deep so you won't need stitches. But you will need a tetanus shot." He said. "Sure." Lavender replied. "And what about your hand? Did it happened due to the fall too?" He asked.

"Yes, I hurt it in the process."

"It doesn't seem like a fracture since you're moving it just fine. You must've sprained it." The doctor explained as the nurse came in with all the necessary aids. "She will treat you now, so do not worry." He said before exiting the room. The nurse gave Lavender the injection and then she applied a bandaid on her cheek. She proceeded to apply an ointment and wrapped a bandage around her right hand.

"Do not perform any task that could strain your hand. Come again after five days for a routine check up. You can get your prescribed aid at the reception." She informed before leaving the room.

Lavender rushed towards the reception where she collected the prescribed medicines. "Your preferred payment method, miss?" The nurse at the reception asked.

"Uh, I would actually like to make a payment through an acquaintance, if that makes sense." Lavender said.

"Under what name?"

"Tristen Killings."

The nurse shot her head up straight at Lavender in shock. "We're sorry, ma'm." She apologized. "Why?" Lavender asked. "Had we known earlier, we wouldn't have asked you to pay." She bowed her head in shame. "No, don't do that. Just call him here." Lavender said. "Please go home safely, ma'm. The payment will be taken care of." She smiled.

"You don't need to call him?"

"No, that is not necessary. We will manage the procedure. Go home safe."

So, it was a flop show. Everything she had planned had gone down the drain and straight into the gutter. If she knew this would happen, she wouldn't have even bothered to get herself treated. She knew she didn't need that tetanus shot. She knew she didn't need a bandaid on her cheek.

And she knew for sure, that she definitely didn't need a bandage wrapped around her wrist. She would've been just fine without any of that treatment; whose expense was equal to nothing for her.

"Isn't he supposed to be here to pay?" She asked, with a little ray of hope within her.

"No ma'm, that really won't be necessary."

"How would I pay then?"

"Mr. Killings comes here quite often."

"Wha-" Lavender shook her head. "What does he needs to get treated for so frequently?" She mumbled to herself.