Chapter 30: Choice is Yours

"You can only come inside if you change your mind. That is, before getting married to him." Mr. Hills gently pulled his hand back before retracing his steps back in the house.

He was about to shut the door when he gave one last look at them. "We're disappointed in you, Lavender." He sadly said, before locking the door shut. Her dad's voice implied that he was hurt rather than disappointed.

Lavender stood there with tears in her eyes. Her entire world had shattered and fallen apart in a matter of few minutes. She had never once expected that she would be confronted in such a way by her own parents. The worst thing was, she could not even justify it to them. She had no supporting reason. She could justify her love to herself and Tristen, but she never thought about how she would do that to the rest of the world.

Tristen had never felt so helpless in his entire life. He had won fights and arguments knowing he was wrong, but at that moment, he could not utter a word. Because if he did, it would only make things worse. He could not 'clean up' the mess like he did every time.

His love was insulted and hit by the bullet of mere civilian words, yet he could not do a thing. All he could do, was stand and watch. Had it been someone else, Tristen would have blown their heads with the revolver tucked underneath his shirt.

Mrs. Hills went back inside to continue her cooking, while she sobbed profusely. She worked to distract herself from the fact that she had been rude to her daughter for the first time in her life. Mr. Hills decided it be best to not speak at all. He was a father, who would do anything to have his daughter smile.

He could do nothing since he knew that his daughter was in the wrong. He still gave her a chance to correct herself, like any dad would. But her daughter was determined to her love. It made him happy, but also sad because Tristen was a mafia and he did not approve of it.

He decided to take a peek through the window from the curtains to check on the scenario, like the father he was. Lavender was sobbing as she stood in her place, while Tristen just stared at her. He then made a move, gently bringing her in his embrace. Lavender fell weak in the legs and collapsed on the stony walk path. Tristen held her arms to keep her from hurting herself. When Lavender did not stand back up, he kneeled down beside her.

He could see that Tristen was consoling Lavender, hugging her while she cried to his chest. She broke down into tears and muttering something. He spoke something to her, which her father could not hear, in hopes of calming her down but nothing worked.

Mr. Hills drew the curtains before making his way over to the couch. It hurt his heart to see his daughter cry. He knew that Tristen would make an amazing husband, but not so much for a person. No matter how caring he was, he was still a mafia. Her parents could accept anything but that.

"What do we do now, Tristen?" Lavender cried hard, hugging him while she sat on the ground. "We'll think about it later, baby, let's leave for now." Tristen murmured, rubbing her back. "I don't know about anything else, Tristen. Make it right, please, just make it right." She pleaded.

"Come on, love, we'll head back first. Let's go." He said, slowly bringing her back to her feet. He guided her towards the car, helping her settle down inside. He shut the door to glance at her old house one more time. The gifts that they had brought were laying scattered here and there as a symbol of rejection.

He let out a huge sigh before walking to the driver's seat. "What're we going to do now?" Lavender asked again, as he sat down. "I'll fix it all, trust me. We'll get through it, alright?" He caressed her cheek. A tear rolled down her cheek. Tristen wiped it away as Lavender flopped back on the seat.