Chapter 19: Princess Day

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. You said you're going to treat me like a princess. Forgot what you did last night?"

"I do that all the time, though..."

"What did you say?" Lavender snapped, facing Tristen. "How'd you like to spend your princess day?" He immediately rephrased, feeling a chill down his spine. That was something new for him.

The look in Lavender's eyes was chilling; as if someone was looking at him the same way he did with other people.

He was scared of her.

Lavender quickly loosened her stress lines on her face, linking an arm with his. "I have so many things to do. I want to go to the amusement park with you, then we can go sit by the lake, and then try some new cafés, play arcade, or we can even try go karting. Oh, not to forget the new spa that's opened right beside the small baseball turf... Oh my god we could even try baseball! They have these arrangements where they've placed nets in rows for many people to play at once and the machine shoots a ball and we swing the bat and-"

"How about we go in order? You know, we have many days to try them all." Tristen said nervously, scratching his neck.

Tristen and Lavender were sitting by the water fountain at the city centre, peacefully eating their softy ice creams. He did not want to offend Lavender, given that she had demanded her princess day after an intense love session.

It meant that Lavender could get mad at Tristen and he could do nothing about it. Not that he could do anything other times, though.

"You're right. Let's leave amusement park for some other time. But then, what do we do?" She sighed, clinging onto his arm as she dropped her entire weight on his side, resting her cheek on his bicep. "I'll take you somewhere." He said with a smirk on his face.

"Really! Oh my god, I love it when you give me surprises!" She squealed, looking up at him. "Come on." He stood up, throwing the tissue paper of the ice cream into the bin nearby. Lavender did the same and happily hopped her way towards him, grabbing his hand which he held out for her.

"Ma'm." He smiled, bending a little as he opened the car door for her, motioning her to sit first. "I can't wait!" She happily said. "Me too." He smirked, closing the door.

"ROCK CLIMBING?" Lavender stared at the wall with protruding rock like features. "Yep." Tristen said, standing behind her with his hands on his hips; following her gaze. "Tristen! I wanted a princess day. Not a body work out day!" Lavender whined, spinning around to face him as she stomped her foot like a brat.

"It's fun. You're saying that because you've never tried it. Come on, I'll show you how to do it." He playfully patted her butt while she stood angrily with her arms folded.

They both changed into the outfits provided by the staff, wearing comfortable shirts and pants along with safety gear. "First, you secure this hook into your belt." He pulled her closer by slinging his finger under her belt near her chest. He passed the hook through the loop, holding her shoulder with the other hand. "Then, you lock the hook so that it won't come off." He squeezed the hook so that it locked itself. "No matter how hard you pull." Tristen smirked, pulling Lavender by the rope with a jerk.

"Tristen!" She scolded. "And then, you climb." He spun her around, ignoring her threat. "It's so high! How am I supposed to- Ah! Let me down!" Lavender squealed, as Tristen lifted her off the feet and forced her up, making her hold the fake rocks. He pushed her up by the butt before patting it.

"Good luck." He smirked, dusting his hands together as he secured his belt on another rope. "TRISTEN! I SWEAR TO GOD-" Lavender looked beside her to find him nowhere. She raised her head to find her already working his way to the top.