Chapter 35: Heartbreaks

"You should be resting, love." Tristen hummed, holding Lavender from behind while she washed the dishes. "I'll get lazy if I sit in the bed all day. I have a figure to watch." She blushed. He wrapped his arms around her tummy eradicating every escape options that she had.

Not that she wanted to escape, though.

"Then I'll take you for a walk and teach you to shoot a gun. Ask me, I have just the right things for you to do." He smirked, getting naughtier with his hands. "Granna's right there!" She whispered. "She can't see us from the living room." He said.

"There you go again. Is this a hotel for you?" Granna snapped. "Come on, Granna. We're a happy couple. Leave us alone." Tristen said, loosening his hold. "Look at the poor girl. At least there's someone in this house who wants to help my old bum." She mocked, making Tristen roll his eyes. "Fine, I'll leave you ladies alone." He sighed. "We'll continue after dinner." Tristen whispered in Lavender's ear, making her smile. He left the kitchen, leaving them alone. Lavender was about to wash the dishes when Granna warned her.

"Be careful, Lavender. You just got your stitches removed. Don't strain your hand. Just take these bowls to the table. I'll wash those dishes later. " She said, turning back to stir the soup in the stove. "Yes, Granna." Lavender replied, taking the dishes to the dining table.

"Mrs. Killings, you don't look good doing the house work." Tristen smirked, standing behind Lavender while she set the table. "It's bad to not help aged people, Mr. Killings." Lavender rolled her eyes, spinning around. He immediately put his finger to her lips to stop her, but it was too late.

"I'M NOT OLD!" Granna scolded from the kitchen. Lavender bit her tongue, when Tristen asked her to remain quiet. "She's doesn't like being called old." He whispered in her ear. "I'll keep that in mind." She covered her smile with a palm.

"Tristen, if you don't mind me asking, what was Granna's profession?"

"She was an expert practitioner and surgeon in the medical field. A fabulous medic of her time. Of course, she was involved in illegal medical businesses. It is the highest paying business, you know?" Tristen said. "Well, I'm really thankful to her for saving me." Lavender smiled. "So am I." He replied.

"By the way, do you know what's for dessert?" He asked, looking at all the dishes she had set on the table. "Doughnuts." She replied. "Ah, I see. They're no ordinary doughnuts, you know? They're Granna's. In other words, she makes the best doughnuts." Tristen boasted proudly. "Really? I want to try one so bad, now." Lavender jumped in excitement. Those taste buds must been dying to get a lick. "After dinner. Else our baby will learn these bad habits from you." He smirked. "Geez..." She chuckled.

"I bet you'll love the strawberry one." Tristen added. "And you? Which one's your favourite?" She asked curiously. "Clear gazed. But I'm afraid she doesn't make them." He bit his lip naughtily. "Awh, then which one would you eat?" Lavender cooed, blinking twice.

Tristen quickly lowered his gaze at her dress, grabbing the hem to lift it up. "Good lord! I didn't know you meant that!" Lavender covered her mouth in shyness, grabbing his wrist with the other. Tristen smiled proudly, putting his arms around her. "Ah, right. Desserts after dinner." He winked, causing her dam to break.

"Wet already?" He smirked. "Shh! Don't be so loud." Lavender put her finger on his lips as she brought herself closer to his chest. "God, you guys are so good at making everything awkward." Cady rolled her eyes, walking in on them.

"Sorry." Lavender politely said, giving Tristen death glares. He lifted his hands up in the air and walked back a step. "Whatever. I'm hungry." Cady took the lid off a bowl which had mac and cheese. "Awesome." She smiled, grabbing a spoon to dig into the bowl itself.