Chapter 5

Sorry for any grammar mistakes
Hope you enjoy it

————————

Hannah was sitting in the yard waiting for the carriage to arrive and pick her up to escort her to the castle. The whole neighborhood was dancing and laughing. They were proud that a girl from their neighborhood is getting married to the king and that causes the king to pay more attention to that particular place. Everyone was happy except the bride and her family.

"She needs the veil. It's no bride without the veil" Elizabeth came closer. Hannah looked at her with narrowed eyes. She had seen her before. Twice. That night in front of her window. She had also seen her in her nightmare. She was the one placing the veil on her. The one who didn't let her to remove it. Elizabeth placed the veil on her with a smile and took a step back. "now she's ready" she said joining the crowd.

They saw it. The huge luxurious carriage. Her heart stopped beating for a second. This was it. Less than a few minutes she will be married to the king. Without love. Romance. Passion. Anything. She was going to be the king's wife. With fear. Nerves. Hatred. Her mother stroked her arm in a soothing way.

"It'll be okay" she whispered. Her vision became glossy. She faced Harry. He placed Harriet down and went closer to Hannah. "Remember. I am always here for you. Your brother is always beside you" he told her.

"I don't want you to go" Harriet cried hugging her. Hannah's heart sank seeing her younger sister crying in her arms. She hugged Harriet back.
"Promise you'll be good in school. Promise you will help mom and be a good girl. Promise you will always listen to mom, dad, and Harry, okay?" Hannah told her.
Harriet nodded pouting. "Promise" she said. Hannah smiled brokenly at her.

The carriage stopped in front of the house. Liam exited and walked toward Hannah.
"I will escort you to the castle" he said raising his hand toward her.

Hannah looked at her family for one last time. Her eyes locked with Harry. He nodded at her with assurance. She held Liam's hand and began walking toward the carriage. Everyone cheered for her as she sat down. Liam nodded at Garry and the carriage began moving. That was it. She was officially going to the castle.

Seconds after moving she saw him. The boy who owned her heart. Louis. He saw her as well.
Both looked at each other with pain all over their body. Shattered. Destroyed. A second later they both faded away from each other's view.

She raised her head once she felt the carriage had stopped moving. Two gigantic golden doors with a huge Irish flag above them. Just like her nightmare.
"Welcome home" Liam said. Her gaze moved to his. A lady stood next to the carriage.

"Ashley will make you ready for the ceremony." Hannah looked at the castle for a second and stepped down the carriage. Ashley guided her to the room. She instantly made Hannah to sit behind the dresser and she began doing her makeup and hair.

"In here the ceremony is a little different" Ashley said.
"How so?"
"You will not meet the king. You both will be seated in two different rooms until both of you say I do. The main ceremony is when you are married and the king has to crown you. You will be the queen of the Ireland. That will also be the first time both of you meet each other" Ashley explained.

Hannah sighed nodding her head.
"You know many girls dream to be in your place" Ashley said.
"I wish he chose one of those girls" Hannah mumbled.
Ashley styled Hannah's hair. She felt bad for her a bit.
"Here wear this" Ashley handed her the dress. Few minutes later she changed into the royal outfit.

"Is she ready?" Liam came asking.
"Yes sir" Ashley said with her head down.
"Then we will begin" He said walking out.
"Sit. The priest wants to start" Ashley whispered to Hannah. Hannah's heart began beating rapidly. She was only seconds apart from being the king's wife. Without love. Romance. Passion. Anything. She was only seconds apart from marriage. with fear. Nerves. Hatred.

King Horan was sitting behind his dresser. He had recently shaved. He was looking at himself with a happy smile on his face. He was going to get married to a girl he liked. The girl he always had in his mind and dreams since that day in the cafe. The girl who he kept sketching. Footsteps approached him.

"Sir. She said I do" Liam said. King Horan smirked.
The priest said his words to king Horan. The king looked at his reflection for another second and began smiling arrogantly.
"I do" he said.
Liam walked back to the room where Hannah was sitting.
"The king said I do"

Her vision became blurry for a second. She was officially married to the king. She was officially a Horan.
"We will now perform the crowning ceremony. Ashley" Liam signaled her and she nodded.
She helped Hannah to stand and walk toward the ballroom.
"Once the doors opened, enter and walk toward the king" Ashley instructed her.

Seconds later the doors opened. Ashley nodded at her. Hannah took a deep breath and entered. As instructed she walked straight toward the king who was standing at the end with a smile on his face. Her eyes were on her shoes the whole time while everyone's eyes were on her. She swallowed hard feeling all the gazes. She became to a halt once she saw a pair of male shoes. She slowly moved her eyes up and locked her gaze with the king. Once he smiled at her she moved her eyes back down. His smile faded a bit. He gave the sign to the announcer.

"Welcome to the crowning ceremony. As you all know the king has chosen his wife and our queen. We have all gathered here to crown the queen." He nodded at the man holding the crown. He walked toward the king and bowed. The king took the crown.

"The queen is getting crowned." The announcer said.
Hannah looked at the king with innocent eyes. He looked at her and she moved her gaze to the ground. The king slowly placed the crown on her head.
"Everyone put your hands together for our queen. Queen Hannah Iris Horan" The announcer said and everyone cheered.

King Horan hooked his arm with Hannah and began walking out of the ballroom with Liam following them. Every now and then he would nod and waved his hand at the public. Not once Hannah looked up. The whole time her head was down. The king stopped in front of a door.

"This is our room" he said. She kept her gaze down.
"You will be staying here alone. Every night at midnight I will come and stand in front of the door and wait for five minutes. I want you to open the door for me once you were feeling completely comfortable and felt welcomed in your home." he explained.

She finally looked up. She looked at the door and then she moved her gaze toward the king. He nodded at her and motioned for her to enter. She hesitantly walked in and the king closed the door. Hannah saw his shadow disappearing from below the door.

She began inspecting the room it was like a small cosy living room. Further inside was another door which was the bedroom. She stopped in front of the huge mirror looking at herself. She removed the crown and placed it on the dresser and stared at reflection.

The next night exactly at midnight king Horan stood behind the door with his hands behind his back as he said he would. He checked his watch meaning the five minutes has started.
Hannah saw his feet from under the door. She looked at it.

" I want you to open the door for me once you were feeling completely comfortable and felt welcomed in your home."

Was she comfortable? No. Did she felt welcomed? No. Should she open the door? She stood but didn't move. She looked at the clock. One minute left.
King Horan waited patiently behind the closed door. Forty five seconds.
Liam was watching from the afar. Twenty seconds.
Should Hannah open the door? She was standing still looking at the clock. Ten seconds.
King Horan looked at his watch again. Five. Four. Three.
Hannah was going to take a step forward but stopped. Should she open the door?

Two. One. King Horan nodded knowing she needed more time and walked away.
She heard his footsteps fading away. She sighed sitting on the bed.

This routine had been repeating for the past four days and king Horan was loosing his patience slowly. Liam thought to himself he had to do something about it. There's something in her mind that's keeping her from opening the door for the king. He had to figure it out.

*******
A/N
How's the story so far?