Chapter 16

Sorry for any grammar mistakes
Hope you enjoy it

—————

Morning arrived. Niall was deep in thoughts in his office room.
"Liam" he called.
Guard Payne entered and bowed.
"Make an appointment with doctor Garcia in the evening"
"yes sir" he bowed and left. Niall went back to his thoughts.

Hannah was in the tailor room. She was sent there so the tailor makes her a new dress for the upcoming event. Once she chose the fabric and color she went back to her room. Niall was already there when she entered their room.

"Chose a new dress?" he asked.
"Yes" she nodded.
"In the evening we're going to the doctor"
"why?"
"Just make sure everything is okay and you're capable of getting pregnant. Or I'm capable of making you pregnant." he said.
She gulped. Her heart begin beating rapidly.
"I'm off. There's a meeting I have to attend. I will be back for our appointment with Doctor Garcia"
She nodded not trusting her voice to speak. He left the room.

Hannah begin pacing in the room. "this is bad. This is really bad" she muttered to herself. As she passed the window her eyes sat on Louis. She let out a heavy sigh and thought of a plan.
"Guard Tomlinson" she said approaching him.
"Your majesty" he bowed.
"A word?" she asked.
"Of course your majesty." he once again bowed and walked into a space where no guard was around.

"Is everything okay?" Louis asked.
"I need you to give this letter to Doctor Garcia"
"Who?"
"Just find her and give it to her without anyone noticing. Make sure she reads it the moment you give it to her."
"okay" he took the letter.
"Thank you" she said.
He nodded moving his eyes to the floor. She turned to leave.

"Your majesty" he said. She stopped but did not turn around.
"May I have your approval for me dating your lady-in-waiting?" he asked.
Her heart ached. A tear rolled down her cheek and her lips quivered.
"You have my approval" she said and walked back inside in hurry so no one notices her tears.

"Hey Luke" Louis called one of the guards.
"yeah?"
"The other day I heard guard Payne talking about doctor Garcia. Who is this person?"
"It's the doctor who the king approves and trusts. Her clinic is by the end of this street"
"okay. Just wanted to make sure she's safe"
"she is"
Louis nodded and ended the conversation. He then took his horse and went to Garcia's clinic.

"I need a minute with Doctor Garcia" Louis told the receptionist.
"There's a patient inside. She's almost done" the receptionist said.
Two minutes later the patient left the room. The receptionist nodded at Louis and he went inside.

"Doctor Garcia?" he asked.
"That's me" she nodded.
"This letter is for you. It's from the queen and I suggest you to read it now" he handed her the letter.
"oh okay" she was nervous. Once Louis left she opened the letter and begin reading it.

Evening arrived. Niall went to their room.
"Ready to go?" he asked Hannah. She nodded slowly feeling nervous. He held her hand and walked out. They sat in the carriage and moved off.

She looked out from the window and noticed one of the guards accompanying them is Louis. He looked at her for a second. They stared at each other for a few seconds. His eyes moved to the man sitting in front of her. Niall. She noticed where his gaze was. He moved his eyes to the front and moved faster. She looked down.

They arrived at the clinic. "Payne come with us. The rest stay here" King Horan commanded them. The three of them entered the clinic. Everyone bowed at their king and queen. Liam walked to the receptionist. "The king and the queen have an appointment."
"Yes sir. The doctor is ready for them." She said. Liam nodded and walked to Niall. He nodded at him meaning they can go inside. Hannah tried to remain calm.

They entered and the doctor bowed for a second.
"Garcia" The king said smiling.
"Your majesty. What brings you here?" she asked smiling.
"Me and my wife have tried to have a child twice but we see no result. We came to check if we are capable of that"
"I will run some tests on you both. If that's okay."
"It's more than okay" The King replied.

The doctor ran some tests on both the king and the queen. They waited an hour for the results to come.
"The results are here" Garcia said.
Hannah's heart stopped beating.
"I'm sorry to say this but the queen is not capable of getting pregnant. The chances are very low. Her uterus is smaller than average."

"oh" the king said. Hannah let out a relieved breath.
"I'm sorry your majesty"
"it's okay" he said standing up. "Thank you" he said and walked out. Hannah followed him behind. She stopped by the door and looked at doctor Garcia. She nodded at her and Garcia nodded back.

Dear Garcia

My husband and I are coming to your clinic to do a small check up. He wants to know if I am capable of getting pregnant or if he is capable of making me pregnant. For private reasons I am on birth control pills and the king does not know. I would appreciate if you tell us that I am not capable of getting pregnant and the chances are low. I will not let the king to figure out that you have lied to him. If he somehow finds out I will tell him that I have asked you to so you will not loose your job.

Sincerely The Queen.

Niall and Hannah sat in the carriage and went back to the castle. Once they arrived Hannah went to their room but Niall went to her mother's room.

"So?" she asked.
"She can't get pregnant. The chances are very low." he said feeling sad.
"oh"
He sighed heavily. He loved the idea of Hannah baring his children.
"I appreciate it if you don't talk about it to her." he said.
"Of course" she said hugging her son.

Hannah went to the yard to thank Louis for giving the doctor the letter. She stopped in her tracks once she saw he was busy kissing Samantha. She swallowed hard and turned around to leave.

"So you still care about him" Liam said standing in front her.
"I do not"
He raised his eyebrow.
"I came to thank him" she said.
"What for?"
"That is my business. You have to stop being nosy guard Payne. You might get in trouble for that" she said and walked passed him leaving him stunned in his place.

He shook his head and went inside toward the king's office.
"Your majesty" he entered and bowed.
"I cam to check on you" he said.
"I'm good just need to be alone" the king said.
"Yes your majesty" he bowed and left.

As he left Maura called him.
"Payne"
"Yes mam?"
"Were you with the king at the clinic?"
"yes mam I was"
"What was the reason? Why can't she get pregnant?"
"I don't know if it's my place to say mam"
"Well the king and the queen are sad to talk about it. And I do not want to make them sadder by talking to them about it"
"I believe the doctor said the queen's private area is smaller than average" he struggled to say.
"That's it?"
"yes mam"
"you can go" Liam bowed and left. Maura entered Niall's office.

"Niall may I know the reason? Why can't she get pregnant?"
"Her uterus is smaller than average"
"And that's all?"
"Yes"
"Niall that's not a reason that's an excuse."
"What do you mean?" he knitted his eyebrows in confusion.
"Garcia lied to you"
"What?"
"I know tons of women who have a uterus which is smaller than average. And they all have children."
"I got to tell Hannah" he stood and went upstairs to their room.

"Hannah" he opened the door.
"Yes?"
"The doctor lied"
"what?" her eyes widened.
"The doctor lied to us. My mother said the reason she said is not a reason it's an excuse."
"oh"
"Why would she lie to us? She was trustworthy. I'm going to fire her. What was she thinking lying to the king and the queen" Niall turned to leave.
"Where are you going?!" she asked.

"To do the paperwork in order to fire Garcia." he opened the door.
"No Wait!" she said.
He stopped and gave her a confused look. She let out a sigh.
"I asked her to lie" she said quietly and looked down.
"you did?" he closed the door. She nodded slowly.
"why?" he asked not believing what he was hearing.

"The reason that I am not getting pregnant is .. it's because .. I'm on birth control pills"

*****
A/N
I couldn't think of any excuse for the doctor to give😅