Chapter 19

Sorry for any grammar mistakes
Hope you enjoy it

——————

Niall looked at Hannah waiting for her response. She looked down avoiding eye contact. He nodded sadly and stood up.
"The event's starting" he said offering his hand to her. She held it and stood up as well.

They entered the ballroom. Every single person bowed at their king and queen. Hannah looked at Niall. He had a cold expression on his face looking to his front.
Men and women were enjoying the event. Some were dancing and some were enjoying the food. Some kids ran toward King Horan. They bowed at him.

"These are for you your majesty" the young girl gave some flowers to king Horan.
He smiled patting her head. "Why thank you for this" he said.
"Thank you for protecting us" another young boy said.
King Horan smiled and nodded at him. All the kids bowed and left.

Hannah looked at Niall sadly. He's great with kids and he surely loves them. He would be an amazing father. But she wasn't there yet. She sighed and moved her gaze to the floor.

Mid party Hannah walked around to talk to people. She reached to the table where her family was sitting. "Hey" she said sitting next to Harry.

"Hi" he responded.
"How's everything?" she asked.
"It's going good thanks to your husband. He always makes sure we're doing good" Kelly responded. Hannah smiled lightly.
"Where's Harriet?" Hannah asked.
"Running around with other kids" Jeff replied. She nodded.

"She told me what she did" Harry whispered to her. She faced him.
"I told her she shouldn't talk about your past with him to anyone. She should forget it" he told her.
"I wish we've told her sooner"
"That bad?"

"He hasn't looked at me once during this whole event."
"So he asked about it ha?"
"And I told him everything"
"Everything?!"
"Yes. Because I was tired of hiding and lying"
Harry didn't say anything else.
"I should go back" she stood up and hugged her family.

On her way back she accidentally stepped on her dress and stumbled a bit. But a hand wrapped around her waist and prevented her from falling.
"Woa. Thank you" She became eye to eye with a pair of eyes she used to know well.

"My queen" he said.
"Guard Tomlinson" she whispered.

They stared at each other in silent with painful eyes. His hand was still wrapped around her.

From the afar a pair of cold icy blue eyes saw them. King Horan saw them. His expression was blank but his eyes were mad. Broken. Betrayed.

After what seems like eternity but in reality was only two minutes they broke eye contact and he let go of her. He nodded at her. She nodded back and walked toward her throne.

The event finally ended. Everyone left and went back to their home.
Niall and Hannah changed and laid down in their bed. Not a single word was spoken.
Hannah sighed and closed her eyes and fell asleep.

The next morning Hannah was sitting in the patio drinking her tea. Maura joined her. Since the day in the cabin they haven't talked or seen each other.

Hannah stood up politely and Maura courtesied.
"Sit love" Maura said. Hannah sat down.
"Would you like to have some tea?" Hannah asked her.
"I would love to" Maura responded.
"Lisa a cup of tea for the lady"
"Yes your majesty" she bowed and poured a cup of tea for Maura.
Maura signaled Hannah by moving her eyes to Lisa (Samantha) to leave so they could have a private conversation.
"You can be dismissed Lisa" Hannah commanded.
She bowed and left the ladies alone.

"So about the cabin"
"You don't owe me an explanation. And it is certainly not my place to judge."
"I kind of want to talk about it with someone. You know it's been ages since I've kept it to myself"
Hannah nodded smiling encouragingly.

"I was around your age when I got married to the king. But there was a problem. I didn't want to marry the king. I .. well I was in love with the king's brother Calum. He was in love with me as well. But her mother did not approve us. She wanted to stop the rumors of me being in a relationship with Calum because she thought I wasn't good enough for them. To stop the rumors she made me marry Bobby. Niall's father. But Calum and I were secretly seeing each other. And we still are"

"You would make a beautiful couple" Hannah said softly.
Maura laughed shaking her head.
"You know at first I didn't like you that much. Because I was jealous. Niall's attention was on you twenty four seven. But now I see why. I like you as my daughter"
Hannah smiled at Maura's words.

Hannah's smile fell once she saw a figure entering the castle.
"Wasn't she banned?" she asked. Maura turned around and saw her too.
"she was" she said.
They stood up. There she was standing in middle of the yard with a smirk on her face.
"Hello my queen" she said mockingly and courtesied.
"Welcome back Josephine" Hannah turned around hearing that voice.

King Horan unbanned Josephine.

Hannah looked at him with pain in her eyes. She was hurt. She was betrayed. He looked at her coldly. "You might want to go to our new room" He told Josephine while his eyes were still on Hannah. "Heather take lady Josephine's stuff to our new room" he commanded. Not once he broke his eye contact with Hannah.

"Yes your majesty" Heather bowed and carried Josephine's stuff inside.
Josephine courtesied at the king and entered the castle.
"Niall what are you doing?" his mother hissed.
He finally looked away from Hannah's eyes and looked at his mother.

"What?" he asked.
"Why did you bring her back?"
"What kind of a husband would I be if I let my wife stay outside with no safety around her?" he asked.
Hannah swallowed the lump in her throat.
"What?! Have you lost your mind?" Maura asked.
"excuse me" Hannah muttered and walked inside.
"Niall what are you doing?"
"What I am doing with my marriage life is my business mother. It does not concern you or any other person" he said and walked back inside.
"What just happened?" Maura asked.

Late night. Hannah was alone in her room. She walked out her room.
"Heather" she called once she saw her.
"Yes your majesty?"
"Have you seen the king?"
"uh .. y-yes your majesty"
"Well where is he?"
"He's spending the night with lady Josephine"
She closed her eyes and let out a heavy breath. She nodded and went back to her room.

"King Horan" Josephine said.
"Oh please call me Niall now that it's the two of us"
"Oh how I missed calling you Niall" she said connecting her lips with him. But He didn't feel it. He didn't relax. He didn't melt. He didn't get butterflies. He closed his eyes.

Now he felt it.

Now he relaxed.

Now he melted.

Now he got butterflies.

"Hannah" he whispered in pleasure.

Josephine's eyes snapped open and she stopped kissing him.
"Shoot. Sorry I didn't mean to .. I wasn't-"
"It's okay" she lied. She forced a smile and kissed him again.

******
A/N
Think of me fondly when your hands are on her...