Chapter 13

Sorry for any grammar mistakes
Hope you enjoy it

——————

Samantha was walking in the yard.
"Samantha?" a familiar voice called her. She turned around.
"Louis" she smiled.
"What are you doing here?" he asked.
"I came to work. I needed a job to support my brothers and to forget him."
He smiled lightly nodding.

"But don't call me Samantha front of others. Call me Lisa"
"Why?" he gave her a confused look.
"I don't want anyone to figure out that I'm working here."
"Oh okay. So you're a maid here?"
"I'm the queen's lady-in-waiting"
A sad smile sat on his face. "the queen" he muttered to himself.

Samantha realized her mistake.
"It's a good thing I know someone here" she hit his arm lightly.
"Yeah same here" he gave her a gentle smile.

***

Hannah slid of the bed and walked toward the window. The last few days has been eventful. Her conversation with Louis, Josephine and Niall's words. She turned around and faced the bed where Niall was sleeping peacefully.

She was feeling guilty. Niall has feelings for her and she doesn't. She wiped the single tear that had rolled down her cheek and faced the window again.

Her eyes landed on Louis and Samantha. Looks like he already is moving on. With her lady-in-waiting. She smiled brokenly shaking her head at herself. Was she really expecting him to stay single forever and wait for her? She's married. To the king! Matter of facts she wants Louis to move on and be happy. Even if it's her lady-in-waiting.
She wants him to smile and laugh. Even if he's laughing or smiling without her. Even if he's happy without her.

She once again turned around and looked at Niall. He loves her. He's her husband and he won't let her go. She let out a deep breath. From now on there's no more Louis. He's moving on. So should she. Niall is her husband and she should open up to him. She faced the window again. She placed the palm of her hand on the window.

The right person at the wrong time.

The stars didn't allow them to be together.
"goodbye" she whispered and faced her husband. She nodded lightly and walked back to bed. She will move on and adapt to this life. To her husband. King Niall James Horan.

Morning arrived. She was laying on her back while Niall was on his side facing her. His fingers were stroking her hair lightly. Hannah slowly opened her eyes. He smiled once he noticed that she has woken up.
"morning" he said quietly with his groggy morning voice while placing a very light kiss on top of her head.

"morning" she smiled softly. She made a vow to herself that she will move on and feel happy with her husband Niall. And she's sticking with that vow.
They both changed and went to the dinning room to have breakfast.

"Can I .. have a walk in the town today?" she asked mid breakfast.
"Of course. Jasper is your chauffeur tell him where you want to go and he'll take you" he said taking a sip from his tea. She nodded.

"You have to take your lady-in-waiting with you as well"
"I thought I get to decide where she can come with me and where she can't"
"It is up to you. Although It's better if she comes with you. But you are not saying no to the guards coming with you"
She gave him an innocent look with pleaded eyes.
"No. No arguing with that. The guards will come with you." He said firmly.
She sighed nodding.

Josephine entered but tensed once she saw Hannah sitting next to Niall. She made a turn and left the room without anyone noticing.

"Come with me" she grabbed Elizabeth's upper arm and dragged her to her room. She closed the door behind her.