Chapter 36

Sorry for any grammar mistakes
Hope you enjoy it

——————

Niall's face softened hearing those three words. Those three words he was waiting to hear it for a while now.
"You lo- are you just saying that to protect me?" he asked.
She shook her head side to side.
"You mean it?"
"I mean it Niall. I got pregnant to protect you because I love you. I want you to be safe. I need you to be safe because I love you" she said.

He smashed his lips to hers and kissed her with joy and passion.
"I love you too" he said happily. His heart was beating fast.
"I love you so much" he said kissing her again causing her to giggle.

And he heard it while walking pass their room. A sad smile sat on Louis' face hearing her saying those three words to someone else.
"just how fast the night changes" Louis muttered to himself and walked to his room.

***

Calum and Maura were eating dinner.
"RUN TO THE SAFE ROOM!" Guard Payne yelled. Both Maura and Calum stood up and looked at him confusingly.
"What's going on?" Calum asked.
"WE'VE BEEN ATTACKED! NOW RUN!" Liam yelled and rushed them to the safe room.

"Attack?" Maura asked worryingly.
Calum hugged her to calm her down.
"Why are we getting attacked?" She asked with fear.
"I don't know" he stroked her back.

The castle's guards were fighting the unwanted guests. The enemies were trashing the castle. Two of them sneaked upstairs and went straight to the king's and the queen's room.

Empty.

"What the" one of them mumbled.
"Did you think it'll be this easy?" Liam startled them.
Two of the guards grabbed the two enemies.
"You two will be our guests at our five stars hotel named the dungeon" Liam signaled his guards and they dragged them out.
One of the enemy guards witnessed and ran out to his boss.

"Boss. The king and the queen weren't there and they captured two of our guards"
"Signal them to end the war and we'll go back home. There's no point in fighting without them"
"Yes Boss"
The guard blew the whistle and every single guard ran out.

"Let Sir Calum and Lady Maura out. I'll go check on the guards that we have caught" Liam commanded.
"Yes sir" the guard saluted.
"Thomas. How many were injured?" Liam asked his other guard.
"Twenty four"
"Take them to the med-care room"
"Yes sir"

Liam went to the dungeon. He walked toward the tied up guards.
"Who do you work for?"
"Someone" one of them replied.
"Why did you attack us and why were you in the king's room?"
"For a reason" the other one replied.
Liam nodded at them and walked toward his guards.
"Torture" he ordered and left.

***

"ELIZABETH!" The mysterious man yelled.
"Y-Yes sir?"
"You said they are in the castle!" he snapped.
"I .. they were supposed to ... weren't they?"
"NO!"
"B-But-"
"We have a rat!"
"I think I know who it is" Elizabeth said.

"Who?"
"Josephine"
"of fucking course" he punched the wall.
"What happens now?" Elizabeth asked.
"We'll pause the plan. We'll wait until his child is born and then proceed with plan b"
"okay"

***

Few days later. Everyone was eating breakfast.
"It's done" Lewis said.
They all looked at him.
"The attack is over and there was no news since. No one died but twenty four guards were injured and they are still healing"
They all nodded.

"Payne said you can return to Ireland"
"Then we will return tomorrow" Niall said.
"In this case, let's have some fun today. Explore the town" Lewis suggested.
"I don't know" Niall said hesitantly.
"Come on mate. Show the town to your wife and friends."
"Yeah we want to see the town" Josephine said.
"Same here" Louis said.

Niall faced Hannah.
"Well he just cares about you so it's down to you" Josephine said.
"I mean I would like to explore the town" she said softly.
"Then what are we waiting for? Eat and get ready" Lewis said.
Everyone laughed and began eating.

The whole squad began exploring the town. Lewis was their tour guide. And for the first time for a very long time they were all laughing. A real laugh. They all needed this trip.

They were eating ice cream and Hannah got a crazy idea. She looked at Niall and suddenly pushed his elbow so his face hit the ice cream. Everyone burst out in laughter. Niall closed his eyes and smiled hearing Hannah's laughter. He then faced her still smiling. He then held her hand and slowly pushed it to her face. She laughed at his action.

After they cleaned up they continued exploring. They did a bit of shopping and ate street food for dinner. They were all exhausted and everyone was in their room sleeping.

"I wish we could stay here forever" Hannah said laying in bed facing the ceiling with her hands resting on her stomach.
"You don't like Ireland?" Niall asked laying down facing the ceiling while playing with her hair.

"Not in that way. I mean I wish we could stay in this moment forever. Far from fear and danger"
"It's over now Hannah. There is no more fear and danger in Ireland"
"Hopefully"
"Plus if we stay in this moment forever then how are we going to meet our baby?" he laid on his side with his hand under his head and the other one on her hands which was on her baby bump.

She smiled at his words and faced him. He smiled back looking at her.
He then placed a kiss on her temple.
"Go to sleep. Tomorrow is a better day" he whispered.

*******
A/N
Tomorrow is a better day