Chapter 14

Sorry for any grammar mistakes
Hope you enjoy it

(Song recommendation for this chapter)

——————

"Lisa a guard is asking for you" Heather told Samantha.
"oh okay" she walked outside and looked around.
"pst" her head turned toward the sound. Louis.
He was hiding behind a tree. She smiled and walked toward him.
"what are you doing here?" she whispered smiling.
"I need you to do me a favor" he whispered.

"okay. What is it?"
"Hand this to the queen secretly" he handed her a paper. Her smile faded away. He didn't ask for her. He still wants Hannah. She swallowed hard and nodded fake smiling and took the paper from his hand. "of course" she said and walked back inside.
She went to the dining room. She tore the letter madly and threw it in the active fireplace. She watched it burn piece by piece.

***

"Did you hear me? I Niall Horan will divorce you. Josephine Lennon." he stepped back and turned to leave the room.
"NO!" Josephine screamed holding Niall's bicep.
"No. You can't leave me. You can't divorce me. Niall please." she cried begging him.

"Let go of me Josephine" he said bitterly.
"No. No I won't. Niall please. You want to leave me for her? A girl from the down side of the town? Really? The most worthless place of the country with even more worthless people" she asked. He turned around harshly but said nothing. He stared at her. She looked at him with pleaded eyes.

"When you and I got married, I didn't have feelings for you. I never did. But I respected you. Today you lost that respect" he said and left the room. Her lips quivered and screamed falling on her knees crying hard.

Niall stormed in to their room. Hannah was sitting behind the dresser. He removed his coat and threw it on the small sofa and hit the wall with the palm of his hand resting his face on his arm. She remained silent looking down. After a few heavy breaths he turned around and faced her.

"I told her I'll divorce her." he said. Her eyes travelled toward his dark blue eyes.
"I will divorce her" he said nodding reassuringly.

Josephine stomped toward Maura's room. She opened the door and entered.
"how rude" Maura said. Josephine was too furious to care about the royal rules.
"Niall said he'll divorce me" she said madly.
"And?" Maura asked.
"He's going to divorce me because of that worthless girl"
"You know if he hears you he will behead you"
"I don't care!" Josephine snapped.
"Snapping at king's mother. You are so rude today Josephine" Maura said mockingly.
"Do something. I don't want him to divorce me"

Maura stared at her in silence for a second. She then walked closer to her.
"If you don't want to divorce him, bring him an heir .. oh wait, you can't" Maura said and walked
back to her rocking chair and sat.

Maura's words were worse than getting stabbed by thousands of sharp knives. Josephine was beyond mad. She bit her lip furiously.

"You can be dismissed Josephine" Maura said.
"If you hated me so much, why didn't you stop your husband from arranging this marriage?" Josephine asked brokenly.
"Because I couldn't. He was the king and I couldn't persuade him to change his decision"
A tear rolled down Josephine's cheek. "now I understand why my mother didn't want me to marry Niall. She knew something that I didn't. The Royal family are heartless people." she said and bowed slightly and left the room.