Chapter 21

Sorry for any grammar mistakes

Hope you enjoy it

——————

Hannah

Couldn't

Breath

Anymore

She tried to slide off the bed. That caused Josephine's hands to slip and the pillow move a bit.

"NIALL!" she screamed still not able to see since the pillow was on her eyes now.
"NIALL!"
Niall's head snapped toward the voice from the stairs. He sprinted back up toward his room. Midway Maura and guard Payne and guard Tomlinson joined him.

Niall opened the door and rushed inside. Hannah was on the floor trying to catch her breath. She was alone though. Once she saw Niall entering the room she ran toward him. He caught her in his arms tightly.

"I'm right here" he said into the hug. Guard Tomlinson looked down and guard Payne noticed it. He patted his shoulder lightly feeling bad for him.
"What happened?" Maura asked worried.
"I was sl-sleeping and then someone tried to" her breath caught in her throat.
"Suffocate me" she finished in fear.
King Horan was mad. He turned around and faced everyone present in the room.

"AREN'T YOU GUARDS?!" He yelled at the present guards. And that was the moment when Hannah noticed Louis' presence.
"WHY THE HELL WAS MY WIFE ATTACKED?!"
Hannah held Niall's arms.
"Niall it's not their fault" she said quietly.
"Then whose fault it is? Their job is to guard the castle"
"But your majesty nobody has entered the castle today" guard Payne said.
"Then who did this?" king Horan asked.

"You" he faced Samantha.
"Aren't you my wife's lady-in-waiting? How the hell this happened?!" Niall snapped at her. She tried to explain herself but she was terrified.
"It's not her fault either" guard Tomlinson defended.
"And how are you sure?"
"I was with her. She was in the tailor's room receiving the queen's dress"
Hannah looked at them for a few seconds.
"Couldn't you do that after the queen was awake?!" the king said harshly.

"s-sir"
"You are fired!" he said.
"What?!" Samantha panicked.
"How is that fair?" Guard Tomlinson asked.
"You want to be next?" King Horan asked.
Guard Tomlinson remained silent. Hannah signaled both of them to calm down and she won't let Niall to fire Samantha.

"Hannah did you see anything related to that person?" Niall asked her.
"no" she said shaking her head.
"Aren't you all suspicious that Josephine is nowhere to be seen?" Maura asked all the sudden.
King Horan closed his eyes in annoyance.
"Payne check the hallway's camera. Inform me who was the last person who entered this room"
"Yes your majesty" he saluted.

"Everyone is dismissed" king Horan said.
Everyone left the room. Once it was only the two of them Niall hugged Hannah tightly.
"I'm okay" she whispered.
"Let's get out of this room" he said breaking apart from the hug.
They left the room. They closed the door. She let out a deep breath and rolled out from under the bed.

Josephine sneaked out and ran toward the security room. But she was late. Guard Payne and guard Tomlinson have already seen the footage. She got caught.

"Josephine" Liam said not believing it was her.
"Payne" she said.
Liam shook his head in disappointment.
"You can't tell him" she said.
"He's my king. She's my queen. I have to tell them if there is a threat in the castle" he said.
"I won't do it again. I promise. Please don't tell him. He will hate me." her tear dropped.
"He already does" Tomlinson said.

"Please. Liam" she said.
Liam remained silent.
"Even if he doesn't tell him, I will" Louis said.
"Guard Payne is your leader. You should listen to his orders" Josephine said.
"You are a threat to our king and queen. It's our job to guard and protect them." Louis said.
"We will tell him" Liam said.
"no. please."
Liam signaled his guards. They dragged Josephine to the dungeon. She will stay there  until Liam and Louis inform Niall.