Chapter 7

Sorry for any grammar mistakes
Hope you enjoy it

——————

Liam walked back to the dungeon and he went straight to Louis. He untied Louis and took a step back.
"You can go" he said.
Louis stood with some force.
"One more thing" Liam said catching Louis' attention.
"From now on get her out of your head. She finally let her walls down and accepted her life" Liam said. That statement was like a knife in Louis' chest.

Liam looked down. "She did it because I threatened her with your life" he said avoiding eye contact. Louis looked at him with furrowed eyebrows.
"I had to. I serve his majesty, the greatest, king Horan. His happiness is my priority. Plus I couldn't let the town to put the queen's name beside another man."

Without any other word Louis walked toward the steps.
"Wait. I promised her something" Liam said causing Louis to stop taking another step.
"I promised her to give you a job and change your life into success. You can be one of the guards in the castle."
Louis scoffed.

"A job? In the castle?" Louis said turning around facing Liam.
"yeah" Liam nodded.
"Would you work and serve the person who stole your fiance?"
Liam remained silent and looked down.
"Exactly" Louis said.
"It's time to move on though. Just like she did" Liam said.
"easy for you to say, but let me tell you something. It takes only a second to let someone in your life and it takes a lifetime to get them out of your heart" Louis said and walked out.

***

"Samantha" Elizabeth called while standing behind the small fire in the basement.
"Yes mother?"
"It's time"
"It is?"
"He's going to the bar" Elizabeth said with her eyes closed and her hands above the fire.
"Go and be the friend he needs" said Elizabeth.
"Yes mother" Samantha left the basement.

As Elizabeth felt by the fire, Louis went to the bar ordering himself a drink.
Samantha waited for couple of minutes and entered the bar as well. She sat down with one chair in between her and him.

"It's hard letting someone go" Samantha muttered to herself catching Louis' attention. He turned toward her.
"It's hard" she muttered again.
"It is" Louis agreed. She looked up at him acting all innocent. As if it was their first time meeting.
"It's hard letting them go when they own all your heart." Louis said.

"It is. When they leave it feels like an empty hole in your heart" she said.
"And a dark cloud above your head" he said.
She smiled lightly removing her gloves and raising her right hand toward him.
"Samantha"
"Louis" he shook her hand.
"Nice to meet someone who understands me" she said.
"Same here" he nodded at her.

***

King Horan and Hannah were sitting in their own living room while the maids were placing their breakfast on the table. He was smiling happily. He thought she felt completely comfortable and she felt like home. He didn't know she was threatened and she was still feeling forced. She shouldn't let him to figure that out. It was hard but she had to go along with it. For her lover Louis.

The maids placed the last dish and bowed. Hannah's heart began beating rapidly because the maids were going to leave them alone.

"What do you think about the castle so far?" King Horan asked excitedly.
"I like it sir" she said quietly.
"Oh please .. call me Niall. You don't have to call me sir when it's just the two of us" he said.
"okay" she said shyly.

They began eating their breakfast.
"Your sister is going to start school soon, right?" Niall asked.
"yes"
"Well I have registered her into the best school in town. I know you did register her before, but I changed her school. She should have a good education."
"thank you so much"
Niall nodded in response.

Maura was sitting behind the breakfast table. She faced Heather.
"Where are the king and the queen?" she asked.
"The king requested to have his breakfast in his room with the queen privately." Heather said with her hands intertwined with each other and her head down.
"hmm" she hummed standing up. She walked to her room and closed the door behind.

"Since his wedding all his attention is toward her. He promised not to forget his mother and he clearly did. She entered the castle for almost a week and she has him wrapped up by her fingers already. I have to change this situation." She stomped her golden cane on the floor twice. "Heather" she called.
"Yes mam?" she entered once she was called.
"Prepare a carriage for me."
"Yes mam" she bowed taking three steps backward. She once again bowed and left the room to do as she was told so.

Louis walked back to his home. He opened the door to the empty house. The only people he had in life was Hannah's family. After his huge fight with his family his father disowned him. He sighed sliding down the yard's wall.

"You always keep your door wide open?" A voice caught him off guard.
"Zayn" he said. Zayn was Louis' other best friend. He smiled lightly and hugged him.
"Harry told me what happened" Zayn said once they broke apart from the hug.

Louis nodded.
"Hannah ..." Louis started but a sob caught in his throat.
"She .. uh .. let her guards down. For the king" Louis said.
"oh"
"She did it because of me" Louis explained everything that happened for the past twenty four hours.

"And you declined the job?" Zayn asked.
"Wouldn't you?"
"I get it from your point of view. Which is all emotions. But Louis you could be a guard there"
"Yeah and serve that fucker king"
"But you'll be a guard. Think about it Louis. It's your choice after all"
"Think about what?! Working for the man who stole my lover?"
"A weak lover or a strong knight shining Armour?" Zayn asked taking few steps away.
"Think about it" he patted Louis' shoulder and welcomed himself inside the house leaving Louis alone in the yard.

Liam was writing something on the paper when a shadow covered the light. He looked up and became eye to eye with him.
"I thought I would never see you again. What brings you here?" Liam asked.
"The job offer. I accept it" Said Louis.

*****
A/N
Don't forget to vote and comment your feedbacks✌️