Chapter 41

SORRY FOR NOT BEING ACTIVE FOR A VERY VERY LONG TIME. I WAS BUSY WITH MY SEMESTER AND NOW IT'S FINALLY OVER.

Sorry for any grammar mistakes.
Hope you enjoy it.

——————

"Welcome home" Niall told his son. Hannah and Brian were discharged from the hospital. Niall placed Brian in his crib while Hannah laid down on bed.
"I can't believe he's actually here" Niall said looking at Brian in awe.
"Me neither" Hannah said smiling watching her husband with her son.

She let out a tired sigh and closed her eyes for a second. Though, she was so exhausted that the one second turned into a minute. And the one minute turned into five. Niall smiled warmly at her falling asleep. He covered her with the blanket and placed a gentle smile on her forehead leaving his wife and son to rest.

***

"Calum" Maura cried looking at Calum's picture.
Niall heard his mother crying. He sighed sadly and knocked entering the room.
Maura wiped her tears quickly and smiled lightly at her son.
"They fell asleep" he said sitting next to her.
"Oh I feel her. I was exhausted when I was discharged from the hospital as well" she said.

He smiled lightly at his mother. His eyes traveled down to the photo in her hand.
"He would've loved that baby" Maura said sadly.
"He would" Niall said.
"Mom?" He faced her again.
She looked at him.
"Do you sometimes wish that we weren't part of the royal family?" he asked.
"Million, million times" she said from bottom of her heart.
He remained silent for a second.

"You loved him, didn't you?" he asked suddenly.
She sighed heavily.
"Did you ever love dad?" he asked.
"I did" she said. But Niall had no idea that Calum was his dad.
"I did love your father. So much. I loved him with all my heart and soul" she said.
He looked at Calum's picture again.

"Do you ... sometimes ... wish that we weren't part of the royal family?" she asked hesitantly.
"Sometimes" he answered honestly.
"But sometimes I'm glad we are. After all, it was because of our royalty that I found Hannah" he said.
She smiled at his words.
"Maybe if we weren't part of this family, I wouldn't have found her. At all"
She nodded.

***

King Horan had a son, and everyone was celebrating this event tonight. Everyone was invited to the castle for dinner.
Hannah was fixing her hair in front of the mirror. Niall stood behind her and wrapped his arms around her placing a kiss on her neck.

"You look beautiful" he said.
"Thank you" she blushed and smiled shyly.
"But" he turned her around.
"You're missing something" he said.
She gave him a confused look.

Niall put his hand in his right pocket and took out the hair clip. The same medium size flower-shaped hair clip he gave her at the flea market. The spot where they met for the second time and Hannah was refusing to tell him her real name. She totally forgot about the object. A surprised smile sat on her face. She grazed her fingers on the hair clip.

"It's been so long" she whispered.
"I believe" he said placing the clip on her hair.
"This belongs to Daphne" he said causing her to let out a breathy laugh and hit his arm.
"Daphne is my real name" he said mocking her.
She shook her head rolling her eyes playfully.

"But I listened to you" she said.
He gave her a questioning word.
"You said, next time tell you the truth" she said.
"And I did"
"You certainly did" he said smiling and leaned down giving her a passionate kiss.

The party was going smoothly. Everyone was having a good time.
Though Louis' eyes were on Harry who was sitting across the room. Since Harry's confession, they haven't spoken to each other, neither they have seen each other.

Louis took a deep breath and stood up. He walked toward the table where Harry and his family was sitting.
"Hello" Harry's head snapped toward Louis. His heartbeat increased hearing his voice.

"Louis!" Jeff said excitedly.
"How have you been?" Kelly asked.
"I've been better than before" he replied.
"I missed you" Harriet said warming his heart.
"I missed you too bug" he said.
He cleared his throat.
"Harry can we ... can we talk for a minute?" he asked.
"Ye-yeah" Harry said feeling nervous while standing up following Louis to somewhere more private.

"Listen" they said at the same time.
A sad smile sat on both of their faces.
"You first" Louis said.
"I just wanted to say I'm sorry for what I said the other day. I shouldn't have said anything"
"No. Don't apologize. You should've said something. And I'm so proud of you for saying it. But"
Harry sighed hearing that word.

"I'm sorry. I just ... I'm not"
"It's okay" Harry cut him off sighing sadly.
"I'm sorry"
"No. Don't be" Harry said.
"I ... I think I should go now" Louis whispered.
Harry nodded not making eye contact.

And Hannah heard everything. She waited for Louis to leave.
"I told him" Harry said with a shaky voice once he saw Hannah.
She looked at him sadly.
"He ... um ..." he cleared his throat.
She walked toward him and hugged him. He hugged her tightly and broke down.
"I'm sorry" she whispered into the hug.

The celebration went on. Everyone was enjoying except three people. Harry because of his broken heart. Louis because he was feeling guilty. Hannah because of her heartbroken older brother.

And just like that the night ended.

***

The next day arrived. Hannah was in her room with her son, Brian.
"Come in" she said once she heard a knock.
"Your majesty" Liam entered and bowed.
"Hi" she smiled kindly at him.
"The maids brought the gifts you received last night. Where should we put them?" He asked.

"Replace all the baby stuff with what I own. Then donate those which were mine. I don't need two of each"
"But"
"Donate them Liam" she used her motherly tone.
"Yes, your majesty" he bowed. He nodded at the maids, and they began replacing the items.

Liam walked toward Brian's crib and looked at him. A smile sat on his face.
"Looks like yesterday that you just got married. And now you have child." He said.
"It's crazy how when you're in the moment you feel like each second is taking ages to pass. But when later you look back at it, you see how quickly time changed" she said.
"True"

"Listen there's something very important that I should tell you. I just ... I'm not sure and I don't want to tell his majesty, king Horan. But I must talk to someone about it" Liam said.
"What is it?" she asked.
"It's related to Calum" he whispered.
"What about him?"
"I don't think he's dead"

"What?!"
"It's just ... it doesn't add up. I was suspicious since day one. The day we received the letter"
"What do you mean?"
"I mean what kind of hospital sends a letter to announce a death. Without asking us to come and see the body for confirmation?"
Hannah began thinking.

"I started searching for clues to prove that Calum is alive, and he is out somewhere"
"But ... if he's alive ... where is he? I mean why isn't he here? Or why would the hospital send a letter?" she asked.
"I think Calum is in danger and someone bribed the hospital to send the letter."
"Well ... why would someone do that?"
"King Horan does have his own enemies"
"But-"

"What is going on in here?" Niall asked entering the room confusingly.
"They're just rearranging some of our stuff" Hannah smiled.
"Your majesty" Liam bowed.
"Why?" Niall asked Hannah.
"We don't need all these stuffs. If I knew people were going to give us all the baby stuff as a gift, I wouldn't have bought any myself. I'm keeping the gifts and donating the ones we bought ourselves" she explained.

"oh" Niall said.
"It's done" Liam said.
"Thank you" Niall and Hannah said.
He bowed and gave Hannah the look that don't say a word to Niall, and she nodded in response.

*******
A/N
I'm back🥳🥳

And since the semester is over I will be updating more often😁✌️

Man I missed writing this story so much🥲