Chapter 44

sorry for any grammar mistakes.
hope you enjoy it.

(Song recommendation for this chapter)

————-

"What do you mean Calum is alive?" Niall asked.
"Ever since we received the letter from the hospital, I've been suspicious. I thought something was off. Though I didn't want to give you false hopes so I kept quiet and went to look for clues. Until recently. Here look at it" Liam gave Niall the polaroid of the fake body being buried.

"Doesn't the body look fresh? After all this time?" Liam asked.
"Oh"
"Your mother also confirmed it. She said Calum has a birthmark next to his right eye which we can't see any in here"

"Where might he be then?" Niall asked.
"I don't know. I'm still looking for clues. But He might be in danger"
"We'll keep looking. We will find him" Niall said firmly.

It was late night. Niall couldn't sleep. He's been sitting on the small steps in the yard. His mind was full of this new king along with the stories that had been revealed and finding out that Calum is alive.
He sighed heavily and covered his face with his hands. Suddenly he felt a blanket on his shoulder. He looked up and saw Hannah sitting next to him.

"Why are you up?" he asked.
She shrugged and put her head on his shoulder.
"How are you holding up?" she asked.
"I don't know how I'm holding up to be honest" he said chuckling bitterly.
She looked at him sadly.

"Everything is coming at me all at once. I tried to be a good person my whole life. I don't know why this is happening to me. What did I do wrong Hannah? When have I been bad? Is this because I forced you into marriage?" he asked.

"No. Don't say that" she said with a shaky voice.
"Then tell me. What did I do wrong?"
"You did nothing wrong Niall. You've always been a good person. You showed respect and kindness."

"Then why is this happening?"
"I don't know" she whispered hugging him.
"I'm tired" he whispered into the hug.
"I'm so damn tired" he whispered.

***

"I feel bad for Niall" Josephine said to Louis. They were looking at Niall and Hannah through the kitchen window.
"Me too" Louis said.
"What happened to all of us?" Josephine sighed.
Louis looked at her in silence.

"All because of a crown. We all got hurt in our own way because of that one object" she said.
Louis looked at Hannah.
"we did" he said and then he moved his gaze toward Josephine.
"But we also learned how to get through it" he said quietly. She looked at him.

"I mean if we compare ourselves to who we used to be" he said.
"You went from being a broken girl who used her pain in a wrong way to this wonderful woman who helped the woman who you used to hate" Louis said.

"You're the only person who didn't call me insane. I was insane but you didn't say it. You said I was broken. I was hurt" she whispered with glossy eyes.
"Because I knew exactly what you were going through"

They stared at each other in silence. They slowly leaned forward. Inches apart. Heavy breaths.
The doorbell rang.
Both jumped apart coming out of the trance they were in.

"Mrs. Styles?" Louis opened the door.
"Do you know where Hannah is?" she cried.
"Uh ... Are you okay?" he asked in worry.
"Mom?" Hannah and Niall came to Kelly's view.
"Honey" she broke holding Hannah's hand.

"What's wrong?" Hannah pulled her mother inside and Louis closed the door. Josephine came to the yard as well.
"Harriet. They took Harriet"
"WHAT?" They all asked at the same time.

"The ... The king sent his guards to take her to the castle. She didn't want to go. She kept crying but" she swallowed hard.
"They took her forcefully" Kelly cried.
"I tried calling the hotel, but they said you left. I had nowhere to go so I came here. I thought maybe Louis would know where you were" Kelly said.

"But why did they take her? Does dad and Harry know?" Hannah asked.
"They know. They went to the castle"
"I'm going to kill him" Niall said through gritted teeth while fisting his hands.
"They said he wants to see Hannah" Kelly said.

Everyone froze.

"What ... did ... they say?" Niall asked word by word turning red.
"He wants to see Hannah" Kelly replied.
"Now I'm really going to kill him" Niall said and walked out.
"Niall" Hannah followed him.
"Don't worry. We'll get her back" Louis said walking out as well.

"Josephine stay with her" he said stepping out.
Josephine nodded embracing Kelly.
"Calm down. They will get Harriet back" Josephine cooed.

***

"What have you done?" Maura snapped at him.
"Oh mother" he smirked.
"Why did you bring her here? You've traumatized her"
"It was the only way to bring her older sister here" he said with a straight face.

"What?! You want to bring Hannah here? Why?"
"Why not?" he shrugged.
"Niall will kill you"
"Oh. He ... will kill me? The king?"
"Who the entire country hate" Maura said.
"DON'T" He yelled pointing his finger at her startling her.

"You have no right to tell me what to do and what not to do. You have no right to tell me what's wrong and what's right"
"I know. I know what I did was terrible. I know. Because since the day that I gave you up I couldn't sleep peacefully. Every night I hear your crying in my dreams. You must punish me. Not Niall or anybody else. I am responsible not him." Maura said.

"He lived my life for 31 years"
"He didn't know"
"I am taking back the life he had which belonged to me. Hannah is part of that life"
"You Are Insane"
"You are the cause of it" he said.
She remained silent. He smirked.
"Mother" he whispered and walked away.

***

"Finally" Samantha breathed out.
"Hello? Who is this?" Calum asked.
Samantha removed his blindfold.
"Me. Samantha"
"What are you doing here? You're part of their plan, ha?"
"No dumbass. That's what they think"
"What do you mean?"

"I knew you were here. I just had to find the dungeon. So I pretended that I'm on their team. We've already lost so much time" she said untying Calum.
"The country's falling apart. Everything's destroyed. We need to help the people. You need to help your son"

"wha-"
"Yes, I know. I know Niall's your son. And I know other things as well. So come on now. Let's go and save the country" she said offering her hand.
He stared at her for a few seconds.
"I already faced the consequences of my actions. I've paid for everything I did wrong." She said genuinely.
He finally trusted her and took her hand standing up.

*******
A/N
Oh we misjudged Samantha here didn't we?😄