Chapter 17

Sorry for the extremely long wait. My laptop's finally fixed and I am back ;D

Sorry for any grammar mistakes

Hope you enjoy it

——————

"You're on pills?" he asked quietly. She nodded.
"why?"
"I just .. I was not sure if I was re-"
"No I mean why didn't you tell me?" he cut her off.
"I .. don't know" she looked down.
"You thought I was going to be mad?" he asked. She looked at him.
"I didn't know you much. I still don't. And I don't think it's the best time for us to have a child"

"I'm not mad. Or sad about you being on pills Hannah. I'm just disappointed that you thought you couldn't talk to me about it"
She looked down again.

"Hannah" he took a step closer and placed her hands in his.
"From now on, I want you to talk to me about anything. Simple or complicated doesn't matter. Talk to me, okay?"
She looked at him again.
"okay" she said softly and nodded.
"okay" he said and kissed her knuckles.

"So Hannah was on pills?" Josephine asked Layla. Layla is a maid in the castle. She's also Josephine's spy.
"I heard it myself mam" she said.
"Why though?"
Layla shrugged.
"okay. Here" Josephine gave her a golden coin. Layla bowed. She took a step to leave.
"Wait"
Layla stopped and faced her again.
"Can you do something for me?"
"Anything"

"Your majesty we need to go outside of the castle." Layla told Hannah.
"why?"
"It's important"
"Is everything okay?"
"A lady wants to talk to you"
"who?"
"I don't know"
"Fine let's go"

They walked outside and went behind the castle. Layla bowed and left.
Josephine removed the shawl covering her face. Hannah sighed.
"I have no time and energy for your dramas Josephine" Hannah turned to leave.
"You are on pills" Josephine said causing Hannah to stop.
"Why?" Josephine asked. Hannah turned around.

"How do you know?" Hannah asked.
"I have my sources. But why are you on pills?"
"It doesn't concern you"
"You really didn't want to marry him  ha?"
Hannah remained silent.
"I have an offer" Josephine said.
Hannah waited for her to continue.
"I will help you to be free. I will help you to go back home and free of all this royalty. I will help you to get a divorce."
Hannah stayed silent for a few more seconds. She then looked at Josephine.

"If you made this offer to me a month ago I would've accepted with no buts and ifs. But now, I can't accept it. Sorry" she said and once again turn around to leave.
"You like him? Josephine asked.

"I don't know. But what I know is how I feel now is different from a month ago." she said without facing her and walked back inside.

Hannah entered the castle from the back door which was closer to her. She heard some voices coming from her left. No one was there though. She looked around and saw a wooden cabin. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. She heard laughter. A familiar laughter of a woman. She heard chuckles. A familiar chuckle of a man. She knocked and opened the door slowly. Her eyes widened.

"H-Hannah" Maura stuttered.
They were caught. Maura and Calum were caught. By Hannah.
"Listen" Maura cleared her throat. "It's not what you think."
"It's not my place to judge" Hannah responded walking out and closed the door.
Maura and Calum looked at each other for a second.
"Will she tell Niall?" Calum asked.
"Oh God Niall!" Maura rushed out. "Hannah" she called running after her. "Hannah" she reached her.

Hannah stopped. "Is everything okay?"
"Don't tell anyone about what you saw. Especially Niall"
"What I saw?" she asked confused.
"You know the cabin"
"What cabin?" Hannah acted confused.
"You know the wooden cabin"
"I don't know what you're talking about. All I saw was Emmett gardening the plants" Hannah said and walked away.