Chapter 31

Sorry for any grammar mistakes
Hope you enjoy it

(Song recommendation for this chapter)

——————

Thursday. Midnight. Hannah walked to the address mentioned in the letter. Alone. And she didn't tell anyone about it. She stood in the dark alley and cleared her throat.

"Hannah" he whispered causing her heart to ache. She turned around and looked at him sadly.
"Thank God you received the letter" he breathed out.

"Why did you do it?" she asked.
"What?"
"Why did you do it Louis?"
"You think I did it?"
She stared at him with glossy eyes.
"You really think I would risk hurting you?" he asked brokenly.
"Then who hated Niall that much to shoot him?"
"Hannah I might hate him but I wouldn't do such a thing. I knew you were in there. I would never hurt you" he said.
"But you would hurt him?"

"I wouldn't hurt someone you like" he said coldly.
She looked down for a second and then looked back up as her tear dropped.
"We tried Louis. We tried to be together but we couldn't"
"Because of that stupid mother and daughter"
"It doesn't matter because of who. What matters is that we are not together anymore. You should stop loving me and let go"
"Easy for you to say" he scoffed.

"IT IS NOT! Why does everyone think that I wasn't hurt?! Why everyone thinks that I chose to marry Niall at the beginning?! I was hurt as well. My heart got broken as well Louis. My heart also ached when I saw you but I wasn't able to be close to you! When I saw you with her I was As Hurt As You Were When You Were Seeing Me With Niall!"
He stared at her sadly.
"I wanted a life with you as well" she whispered crying.

"I didn't do it" he said after a few seconds of silence.
She looked at him.
"It was Samantha. She took my gun. She wore my shoes and she wore the hoodie I gave her when we used to be together. She framed me."
"But why would she shoot Niall?"
"She wanted to shoot you"
"I told her to confess and she has 24 more hours to come and confess to you guys" he said.

"She was the one who" she trailed off.
"I wanted to tell you myself first. I need your help Hannah"
She looked at him.
"Everyone thinks I did it and I know they're looking for me. Talk to him. Tell him the truth. Because I know when she confesses they won't believe her at first. I know he still thinks I did it and he would do anything to get rid of me. Let's be honest he hates me as much as I hate him"

"He doesn't hate you" she mumbled.
He gave her a look saying he knows she's lying.
"I'll talk to him"
He nodded.

"Now you better go before anyone sees us" Louis turned around to leave.
"Louis" she called.
He stopped with his back facing her.
"What if she doesn't confess?"
"Let's hope she does" He took another step to walk away but once again stopped.
"Hannah" he called turning his face around to look at her.
She waited for him to continue.

"I'm sorry that I couldn't save us. My Atlantis." he said and walked away.
She watched him walk away as her tears dropped one by one.

Hannah waited for the next night to arrive. Once Niall came back to their room she took a deep breath.

"Niall" she called.
He faced her.
"Can we talk?"
"yeah" he nodded sitting next to her on the sofa.
"Everything alright?" he asked.
"yeah .. no? Kind of"
"What's wrong?" he knitted his eyebrows together.