Chapter 8

Sorry for any grammar mistakes
Hope you enjoy it

———————

"Maura! What a surprise!" Calum said standing up from behind his desk.
Maura smiled at him.
"What brings you here?" he asked sitting back behind his desk.
"I need you to come back to the castle" she said once sitting across him.
"Why's that? Is everything okay?" he asked concerned.
"It's Niall"
"Ah yes.. the recent groom"
Maura nodded.

"What about him?"
"Since the bride has entered our castle he has forgotten about everyone and everything."
"And I take it that he has forgotten you?"
She sighed nodding.
"And now you're jealous." he smiled lightly.
"It's not just me. I mean he's the king. He needs to constantly make sure the country is safe. But he has been canceling the meetings for the past week."

Calum hummed thinking.
"He needs you to guide him" she said.
"I'll see if I can come by for a few days"
"Thank you so much"
He smiled nodding at her while leaning back in his seat.

***

Louis was having a drink in the pub.
"Louis, right?" Samantha acted she didn't know him well.
"Samantha" they shook hands.
"How are you doing?" she asked.
"Not bad. You?"
"Better than yesterday"
He nodded taking a gulp of his drink.

"So the pub again ha?" She tried making a conversation.
"The pub again" he said and finished his drink.
"Are you still hurting?" she asked.
"I found a way. There's a still a chance for me to be with her" he said.
"Wh-What way?"
"I decided to become a guard in the castle"
"So you could serve the king. The same person who stole her?"
"Yup" he nodded.
"But why?"
He faced forward "A friend of mine said. A weak lover or a knight shining Armour?" he paused for a second and then faced her.

"And I chose to be a fighter. I want to fight for her"
"But you could get hurt .. or even dead"
"Fight till death" he shrugged facing forward again.
"I should go and tell my friend. From tomorrow I will enter the castle" Louis stood up.
"It was nice seeing you again Samantha" he said and left.
Her lips quivered in sadness and madness. She stormed out and went straight home.

"Your plan sucks!" Samantha yelled once she entered home.
"Whoa. Calm down will ya?"
"No I Will Not Calm Down! Louis decided to be guard in the castle so he could fight for his beloved Hannah!" she raised her voice.
"Oh"
"YES"

"Alright calm down. Nothing has happened yet"
"Ugh" Samantha groaned.
"Don't worry. I won't let anything happen. You belong to Louis"
Samantha said nothing.
"I will come up with another plan"
"What plan?" Samantha lowered her voice again.
"I will go to work in the castle as well"
"What?"
"Yeah that would be perfect. Like that I can control the situation."
"Do you think you can do that?"
"Oh honey. I am capable of doing lots of things. Just sit back and watch" Elizabeth said smirking.

It was currently late night in the castle. Hannah was wide awake. She turned her face to her left and saw Niall was fast asleep. She slowly got off bed and walked toward the small cosy living room. She quietly went to the dresser and reached behind it taking the box out. The box she hid without anyone knowing. She took the jar of water and poured herself a glass. She took one birth control pill and swallowed with the help of the water. She hid the box behind the dresser and walked back to the bed and laid down falling asleep.

Hannah started taking the pill in secret since the night she got married to Niall. No one knows but the walls of the castle.

The next morning King Horan was sitting behind his desk in the office room that he heard a knock.

"Come in" he said.
Liam entered and bowed.
"Sir the lady who helped you with the queen is here"
"Send her in"
Liam once again bowed and exited the room. Few seconds later Elizabeth entered. She courtesied.
"What brings you here? Another bag of gold?" King Horan asked.

"Your majesty. I am a single mother with a young daughter. I have no source of income. If it's possible, can you provide me a job in the castle?" She asked.
King Horan began thinking. She did help him with Hannah.
"My wife do need a lady-in-waiting, can you do that?"
"Yes your majesty. It would be an honour to be the queen's lady-in-waiting"

"Liam" King Horan called.
"Yes sir" Liam entered.
"From today" he paused. "What is your name?"
"Daniella your majesty" she lied.
"Daniella will be the queen's lady-in-waiting. Give her clothes and make her ready. I will expect her to be waiting behind our room in half an hour"

"Yes sir. Let's go"
Elizabeth courtesied and followed Liam.
Thirty minutes later as expected Elizabeth was waiting behind the door. King Horan walked toward the door. She bowed once he reached her. He opened the door and entered their room and saw Hannah was standing in front of the window looking at the yard. He smiled warmly at her.

"I want to introduce you to someone" his voice startled her. He chuckled lightly.
"Sorry. I didn't want to scare you"
A very faint smile sat on her face. "Who?" she asked shyly.
"Daniella come in" he said without removing his eyes off Hannah.

With her head down Daniella - Elizabeth - entered.
"She's your lady-in-waiting. Anything you need you'll tell her and she'll provide it for you. Anywhere you want to go she'll come with you unless you don't want to."
Hannah wasn't used to this feeling. Everything was new to her.
"oh" was all she could say.
"You'll get used to it" said Niall.
"You can leave now Daniella." King Horan said.
"Yes your majesty" Elizabeth bowed and walked out.

"How about you change your clothes and I'll take you somewhere" he told Hannah.
"Where to?"
"Somewhere" he smiled and walked to the cosy living room.

As Hannah was getting ready Niall was standing by the dresser. His eyes fell on the flower shaped hair clip. The one he gave it to Hannah in their second meeting. A smile sat on his lips once he saw the object. His eyes fell on the mirror and saw Hannah standing behind him all ready. He took the object and faced her smiling. Without saying any word he placed the hair clip in her while smiling gently. She swallowed hard. He was close. Real close. The tip of his nose was brushing hers. His breath was fanning her face.

"Let's go" he said holding her hand once the clip was in her hair.
"Liam make the guards ready we're going to the field" King Horan said.
"GUARDS!" Liam called. All of them lined up and stood ready for their king and queen. Once the king and the queen stepped in the yard every single guard bowed.
As King Horan stepped in the carriage Hannah scanned the area. And that was the moment their eyes met for the first time after her marriage.

Hannah and Louis. Standing in front of each other with broken hearts and shattered souls. "My queen" Liam called quietly raising his hand toward her to help her in. She looked at Liam for a second. She sighed sadly and held his hand. With Liam's hand she sat in the carriage across the king. Once Liam closed the door the carriage began moving.

She looked out from the window and he looked at her. The sun hitting her face made her even more beautiful. He was lucky to have her as his wife. He was proud that she owned his last name and in future she will bare his children.

*****