Out of the dark (paul)

Darkness. That's all you could see in yours and Paul's family home. Six months ago the Beatles broke up. Everything Paul had worked hard for was gone. All he has done since the brake up is go downstairs to your little home studio and drink while playing around with the piano. While every day you would cook, clean and look after your two you children.

Heather, she was your daughter from a previous relationship, but when you and Paul got together he adopted her. Mary, she was yours and Paul's first daughter. She was only three months old and had barley seen her father.

For once Paul had decided to go on a walk to clear his head and get some fresh air. Once he had left for the walk you tucked both of the girls into bed and started preparing and nice dinner for you and Paul. You laid the table making sure to use your best cutlery and Paul's favourite glass.

When the door opened you turned to Paul standing there red eyed with tears slipping down his cheeks. 

"Paul?  Oh Paul love come here" you whisper embracing him in your arms as he brake's down in front of you.

" I can't do it! I've lost everything. I don't know what you do anymore" Paul admits as you both crumble to the floor, still in each others arms.

"Hey... your fine. Why don't we take a break for a while? Go back up to Scotland and chill for a bit" you ask leading him towards the sofa.

"Really? Your okay with that. I've wanted to do that for so long" Paul reply's excitedly nuzzling his head into your neck.

"Are you joking? Of corse I'm serious." You chuckle squeezing him tighter.

While comforting Paul on the sofa you hear small feet patter from upstairs to front room. Suddenly a small voice appears at the door.

"Mummy? Daddy?" Heather questioned as she made her way over to the two of you.

She pulled herself onto the sofa snuggling into Paul's side to be as close as possible to him. He wraps his arms around her while playing her hair.

He whispers to her little "I love you's"  while holding her as close as possible.

She places her hand on his cheek while looking at him straight in the eyes.

"Don't be sad. I love you" she whispers making sure only Paul can hear it.

You stay like that for ten minutes when you notice heather and Paul asleep in each other's arms. You slowly get up from the sofa careful not to wake them up grabbing a blanket from the corner of the room. Gently you lay the blanket over them, placing small kisses on both of there foreheads. Leaving the room to go to bed you look over your shoulder smiling at the sight in front of you.