The fan (ringo)

It was a normal day for you in Liverpool. You were sat in your room listening to your new record. The Beatles for sale. You sat there humming along to words of love. Your immediately recognised it as a cover of buddy holly's song words of love. You sat at the window looking out on the rainy streets of Liverpool, studying the people who passes by. Each one seeming the same.

After sometime of siting at the window someone passed who seemed different. Mainly because there was a huge mob of people following them. By now the record had finished and you had changed it to with the Beatles. Their album from the previous year.

Slowly you went down stairs approaching your front door to see what the commotion was. You opened the door to see mid-height man being pulled at by some girls. The only people you knew this would happen to was the Beatles. But why would they be walking around Liverpool without protection. You found it sad that they couldn't live a normal life. You loved their music don't get me wrong, but you also realised they were normal people.

As you watched the crowed approached faster and faster pulling at the strange man. The man looked up. Immediately recognising the man as ringo Starr. You two locked eye contact as you nodded your head towards your door. Thankfully he knew what you meant. He quickly ran through your door into your house shutting it as fast as possible. You quickly bolted the door shut.

"Thanks love. They've been following me for miles" Ringo mumbles trying to catch his breath.

"No problem" you reply
"Want a cup of tea?"

He chuckles.
"I would love one but they'll probably break that door down".

Quickly you think about the back ally form the house. You usher Ringo upstairs and tell him to wait there. He looks at you confused and dose so. You open the door leaving the safety chain on. You peak your head through the gap so you can be seen.

"He's gone. There's an ally round the back. He went out through the back door then left" announce watching all the girls run as fast as they can.

You laugh walking to the kitchen to boil the kettle to make some tea. Once the tea is ready you put it all on a tray and walk upstairs.

Once you make it through your bedroom door you remember the record you were playing. You mentally curse yourself as you hear hold me tight coming out of your turn table.

"Tea?" You question

"There gone?" He asks slightly confused

"Yep. Every single one of them" you state setting the tea down on your desk, while looking out the window.

"How did you do that?" He chuckle while leaning Over to grab his tea.

"Told them you went out the back door the turned left down the ally" you chuckled blowing on your tea to cool it down.

"Wow. That's for the tea by the way." Says slowing sipping the tea.

"Nice album by the way" He observes.

"Thanks. It's probably my most played. I forgot it was playing to be honest. I probably look like those girls." You mumble sipping your tea as it finally cools down.

"No. I think your civilised. Those girls go all mad. I'm a normal guy ..."

"With a abnormal job". You reply finishing his sentence.

"Yeah. Exactly." He states in a frustrated manner.
"Finally. Somebody who understands"

You laugh as you both look up at each other. Finally the record ends. Spinning off on money (that's what I want). You get up to put it back in the sleeve when ringo grabs it.

"I'll sign it if you want?" Ringo asks looking up into your eyes.

"I don't wanna be like those crazy girls, but I would love that." You chuckle with the biggest smile on your face.

And that's how you stayed forever. With the biggest smile on your face and with ringo.