Thats my wife (paul)

You and Paul had been best friends since birth. Your parent had been school friends, so when they had you two you became friends. However you were different to other kids. It took you longer to walk. When you did walk you weren't a strong walker. As you grew up with Paul he was always there to protect your from the bullies at school.

And now you're married to him. And he still tries to protect you. When your were 15 you were diagnosed with scoliosis and bertolotti's syndrome. This means you had a curve in your spine and your last vertebra is fused to your pelvis.

You and Paul have recently had your wedding and somehow the press have managed to find out about your disability. You sat at the kitchen table reading the news paper articles about you.

"Paul married damaged goods. That's a created one" you said sighing and rolling your eyes.

Paul comes up from behind you wrapping his arms around you nuzzling his head into the crook of your neck.

"Don't listen to them. You're beautiful you know that". He mumbled squeezing you tighter.

"Don't worry it's not the worst one. I was called a bent bride." You reply turning to face him.

"You're not bent and you cant help your body. I don't understand how they even found out. You've been too scared to leave the house in case you have a flare up." He said kissing your head before moving to make some tea.

"Well we're going out today so I'm preying nothing happens." You call from the hallway before making your way upstairs to get dressed.

You wear a blouse a size too big so if there's any paparazzi they can't see your back support and wear a skirt with a stretchy waist band to go over the support. Paul walks in to the bedroom as you slip on a pair of shoes.

"Are you ready love?" He asks grabbing his jacket hanging on the door.

"Yeah let's go" you reply grabbing your bag and heading down the stairs.

You decide to go on a nice long walk to look at all the flower patches in the park. After about a hour of walking you can feel your nerve by your leg get trapped. You hold onto Paul's arm and lean your head agains it.

"Are you alright?" He asks noticing you walking a bit slower than normal.

"Mmm.. just a trapped nerve. It'll pass though" you assure him trying to breath through the pain.

"There's a bench up here. Let's sit" he says guiding you to the bench.

You two sit looking around at the families, couples and friends that stroll around the park. Suddenly you speak up.

"I'm sorry I ruined today. I always have a flare up" you said looking at him with tears in your eyes.

"Hey.. hey look at me it's fine. You didn't ruin it, you can't help when you're in pain" he reassures you wiping any tear that falls from your eyes.

"Can we head home?" You ask wanting to relax and lie of the sofa.

"Yeah come on let's go" he says lifting you and keeping a supportive are around your waist to take the pressure off your leg.

As you approach the gates of the park you and Paul spot a load of paparazzi. There's no other way to get out so you and Paul have to walk through them. As you walk through them you can hear them shouting abuse at you.

"Paul why would you ever marry a handicap?!"

"She's damaged goods!" They shout making Paul wrap his arm around you tighter.

He notices tears running from your eyes and wipes them away. But then one pap says something that Paul knows you're insecure about.

"She can't even walk properly. Why marry a girl that'll end up in a wheel chair?!"  He shouted. Paul froze.

"You listen here. That's my wife you're talking about. Not an animal. My wife. Have any of you thought about what she goes through on a daily basis? Now if you don't mind, we're going home. She's in the middle of a flare up."  He shouts at them before picking you up bridal style.

You giggle and hid your face in his neck as he places kisses all over your face. He carried you all the home like that before speaking up.

"You know I love you the way you are right?  I will never stop thinking you're beautiful and never stop protecting you" he assured him.

You had no words. So you smashed your lips against him and hugged him tightly.

A.N THANK YOU FOR READING. DON'T FORGET TO VOTE. PEACE AND LOVE xx