Meeting aunt mimi (john)

"John I don't think I can do this" you panicked pacing back and forth in front of the mirror.

Last night John decided to phone his aunt Mimi to see if he could introduce you to her. But from everything you've heard about the woman. You were terrified. Apparently she despised Johns first girlfriend and you were scared that was going to happen again.

"You'll be fine. She'll love you" he assured you wrapping his arms around your waist from behind.

"She won't John! I'm not some posh girl like she expects. I'm just me" you whined leaning back into his embrace.

"And that's all I can ask. That your you. You're perfect" he replied kissing your cheek before going downstairs.

Whilst John sat downstairs playing his guitar you tried on outfits to wear to Mini's. You tried a simple blue dress but decided it wasn't posh enough. After many outfits you decided on a black knee length skirt and a jumper your mother had knitted you.

"Okay I'm ready" you announced walking into the front room.

"You look perfect my darling" John assured taking your face in his hands and kissing you.

"Thank you honey. You look so good in that suit" you replied sorting out his hair.

"Stop stalling. My hair doesn't need fixing, you just don't want to go" he laughed pulling the two of you out to the car.

The drive wasn't long as the two of you had been staying in Liverpool for the past week to have a nice getaway. Soft songs flowed out of the radio and into the car making you feel at ease. Johns hand made its way to your leg rubbing small circle to calm your nerves.

"Hey calm down, you'll be fine. I love you Y/N Y/L/N" John said looking over at you.

"I love you more John Lennon"

Finally you arrived at Mimi's. Your heart was pounding as you sat in her driveway.

"Come on, I'm here it'll all be alright" John assured grasping your hand in his.

The two of you walked up to the door and patiently waited for Mimi to answer.

"John my love" she spoke opening the door.

"Hello Mimi. Might if we come in?" John asked brushing his thumb across your knuckle.

"Of course come in" she replied opening the door wider for the two of you.

John lead you to the front room and sat you on the sofa. Looking around the room you spotted a few pictures of John as a young boy. Some with his mum and others with Mimi. You also spotted a black cat curled up in the other chair.

"Alice my love" John sang pulling the cat from the chair into his arms.

"I've missed you" he said stroking the cat.

"Well John, it's nice to see you. And you must be Y/N?" Mimi asked walking towards you.

"Yes Mimi. It's lovely to meet you, johns said so much" you replied standing to greet her.

She shook your hand and smilies politely.

"Well nice to finally meet you Y/N" she said looking you up and down.

The three of you chatted for a while until Mimi announced she was going to make some tea.

Quickly you turned to John
"She hates me. Did you see the way she looked me up and down?" You whispered panicking.

"Don't worry love Mimi does that to everyone" John chuckled before going to help Mimi.

JOHNS POV:

"So what do you think?" I asked standing beside the woman I hoped approved of my Y/N.

"She seems like a nice girl" she replied taking some cups out of the cupboard.

"Come on Mimi she's more than a nice girl, I love her" I was becoming frustrated. She never approved of who I liked.

"Look John. I'm not too thrilled about her. But she seems nice and you seem to love her" she said turning to look at me.

"But I want you to love her. I'm head over heels for here Mimi. I think she's the one" I whined fed up of Mimi never thinking they're good enough for me.

"John my boy. Im never going to think anyone's good enough for you. But if you think she's the one and you love her. You need to marry her" she ordered poring the tea.

"That's the plan. That's why I wanted you to meet her!" I admitted helping her with the tea.

"Very well" she replied walking into the front room.

YOUR POV:

John and Mimi walked in holding some tea and biscuits.

"Thank you Mimi" you smiled picking up your tea.

"No problem darling" she answered taking you by surprise.

You looked at John and he just smiled. Maybe she didn't hate you.