New years party (john)

You and John had decided you were gonna throw a New Year's party and invite everyone round. The only thing was you had to organise it all because John was at the studio most of the time.

"How are you feeling?" John asked wrapping his arms around you from behind and resting his head on your shoulder.

"Nervous" you admitted leaning your head down on top of his.

"Why it'll just be us and the boys and a few other people we know" he reassured you turning you to face him.

"I know, but you're all famous and could be at any big party but you'll all be here so I feel like I need to make it good" you mumbled burring your head into his neck.

"You make great parties! Do you not remember my birthday that was amazing" he laughed thinking back to the party where Paul woke up in the bathtub.

"I suppose so" you laughed along.

"Come on I'll help you decorate" he volunteered picking up decorations from the table.

You directed John to string the happy new year sign down the banister whilst blowing up balloons. It wasn't long before Julian started crying and you gave up on the balloons.

"Hey sweetie" you cooed lifting him from the cot in his room.

"What's up little man?" John asked stroking Julian's face with his finger.

Julian babbled looking up at the two of you.

"Oh I know, it's hard being a baby" you joked holding him up.

"Why don't you go get dressed and I'll feed him ready for your mum to get him" John suggested walking downstairs to make Julian a bottle.

Entering your bedroom you looked through the wardrobe landing on the new dress you brought. It was royal blue with white stitching and flared at the waist. You wore your hair in a half up half down with a small beehive at the back and a white hairband.

Your face wore light makeup but enough to cover the tiredness under your eyes from a young baby. Black dark lashes cured perfectly making your eyes look big.

Walking down the stairs revealed John asleep in the big chair with Julian resting on his chest asleep. You grabbed the camera off the table and took a couple of pictures before waking John up.

"John love, wake up" you uttered carefully not to wake up Julian.

"Huh?" He mumbled rubbing his eyes.

You chuckled and sat on the arm of the chair pulling him into your side.

"Mum will be here in a minute" you informed him running your fingers through his hair.

John stood and rocked Julian back and forth as you admired the two of them. A knock on the door pulled you out of your thoughts.

John opened the door smiling at your mum and letting her in.

"Hi mum" you smiled holding your arms out and hugging her.

"Hello my darling" she replied holding you close.

"I can't stop for long dads in the car" she informed you rolling her eyes.

"Alright. Well everything is in the bag, and he's just had a nap so should be all good until bedtime" you rambled handing her the bag.

"Y/N love calm down. Your mum knows how to look after babies" John laughed handing Julian over.

"I know I know, thanks mum" you sighed letting your nerves go.

"It's fine I love spending time with him. Anyway have fun, relax happy 1964 you two" she replied heading back to the car.

John wrapped you in a hug calming you down.

"He's perfectly fine, and it won't be long until we can see him again" he reassured you lifting your chin to look at him.

"I know, it's just he's my little baby" you mumbled looking into his brown eyes.

"You sit here and relax. I'm gonna get ready before they all arrive" he told you before giving you a quick kiss and heading upstairs.

TIME SKIP (FEW HOURS):

The first knock on the door arrived and John was up and opening the door. He revealed Paul and Jane holding a bottle of wine.

"Paul!" John cheered wrapping his arms around his mate.

"John!" Paul chuckled doing the same.

You approached Jane smiling at her. Paul and Jane had been going out since April and even though it was December you hadn't had a chance to meet her yet.

"Hi I'm Y/N, you must be Jane I've heard a lot about you" you introduced yourself with a warm smile and small hug.

"Yeah that's right. It's a shame we couldn't have met earlier but Paul told me you've not long had a baby" she uttered in a shy voice

"Oh yeah Julian. He's staying with my mum tonight but he's such a sweet little boy " you gushed leading her to the sofa.

"Don't ambush her with the baby chat" John chuckled sitting next to you and resting his hand on your thigh.

"I didn't, she asked" you pointed out

"Oh yeah, how's little Jules?" Paul asked sweetly.

"He's staying with her mum, it'll be too loud for him to sleep tonight" John answered with a smile plastered on his face.

Looking at your husband you could she how much he really loved your family.

Another knock arrived against the door. This time upon opening it revealed Ringo and Maureen.

"MO!" You cheered as she embraced you in a tight hug.

"I've missed you so much!" She moaned as the two of you made your way to the others.

"Jane nice to see you again" Mo spoke sweetly with a smile.

"Hang on everyone's see each other but me! My god I must get out of the house more next year" you laughed changing the record.

"You had a baby, it took you a while to recover and then you focused on him. I did try and get you out" John pointed out helping himself to the food.

"Well 1964 is gonna be different" you announced getting a drink.

It wasn't long before everyone had arrived. Your house was crammed full of the Beatles and their team and their close friends.

Brian and George Martin were having conversations whist Paul sat on the sofa with his arm wrapped around Jane. You and Mo were dancing around the front room earning cheers and laughs. George was talking to a few of your mates and some other celebrities they had invited.

As the new year drew close the little television in the corner of the room was turned on. The bbc had a countdown to the new year.

Everyone was standing and dancing as the countdown started. John had his arms around your waist as you held his face.

10

9

8

7

6

5

4

3

2

1

"Happy new year my darling girl" he whisper just before the one so he could kiss you straight away.

You stood on your tippy toes as the two of you kissed your way into 1964

AN: WELCOME TO 1964 MY LOVES. THIS IS THE YEAR FOR ALL OF US. HAPPY NEW YEAR. 🤍 if you have any requests for stories drop me a message.

Love ya all