Layla part 2 (geroge)

Slowly you walked up to the front door of yours and George's house. Eric said after the party you could stay with him as long as you needed. But obviously you needed to go home to get some stuff. Opening the door you were met with George running to you. You ignored him and walked up to your room.

"Y/N stop ignoring me. Look I'm sorry okay, I don't know what you want me to do!" He cried trying to get your attention.

"I'm staying with Eric for a while" you calmly replied packing some things into a bag.

"You're joking right?  You can't be serious this is our home!" He replied slowly becoming more angry.

"Look I need time away from you. I need to be me, not what you want me to be!" You cried tears flowing down your cheeks.

"If you need me I'm at Eric's, but I think it's best you don't contact me until I'm back" you told him walking out to Eric's car.

"Seriously! For gods sake get back inside!" He shouted as you got into Eric's car.

"Goodbye George" you whispered as the two of you drove off.

The car ride to Eric's was silent other that the music playing from the radio. Whilst you were drinking something by the Beatles come one so you turned the radio off. You think back to when George wrote that song. He came home all happy, played the song and kissed you with so much passion. But you hadn't seen that passion in months. You didn't even recognise him.

Pulling up to Eric's house you pulled yourself together and promised yourself no more tears. Eric walked around the car and opened your door.

"Thank you" you mumbled holding your bag tightly.

Upon entering the house Eric showed you were you were staying so you could put your bag there and change if you wanted to. He walked downstairs to chill in the front room and told you that you were welcome to join him. After changing into some pyjamas you decided to join Eric. When you walked in he was playing a song in the guitar. 

"You've been running and hiding much too long
You know it's just your foolish pride
Layla
You've got me on me knees
Layla
I'm begging please"

You enter and sit down next to him but as you do he stops playing.

"That sounds beautiful" you compliment looking up at him.

"Thanks, just some idea I've got" he replied placing his guitar against the wall.

"What's it about?" You question making yourself comfortable on the sofa.

"A woman who doesn't realise she's worth so much more than what she's given. A woman who needs someone new" he answers looking at you.

"I think that's me" you whisper as you break your promise of not crying.

"It is about you. The woman that George had but never deserved. The woman he had but I wanted to be me" he confirms tucking a strand of your hair behind your ear.

You decide to hug him. Curling your self into a ball you move yourself closer to him and let him embrace you.

"You know you can stay here as long as you like?" he asks in a soft voice playing with your hair.

"Thanks Eric" you reply looking up at him.

"You need to talk to George" he stated killing the mood.

"'No. I can't talk, just need to leave" you state sitting up straight.

"He does love you, I need you to know that" he said making you look at him.

"Not enough. I need love like you, I need someone who wants me when they know they can't. Someone who will be my friend even thought they want more. I need you" you cry embracing him and squeezing him tightly.

"You'll always have me. I promise you
Y/ N" he assured you holding you close.

After hours of crying, drinking and talking you fall asleep in Eric's arms on the sofa. After realising he picked you up and carried you to the guest bed. As he placed you down you began to stir.

"Stay" you mumbled holding onto his arm.

"Okay. Go back to sleep" he replied slinging into the bed next to you and wrapping his arms around you.

TIME SKIP:

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Eric questioned pulling into George's driveway.

"I need to" you confirm looking up at the house you once lived in.

"I'll wait here. I don't want to upset him" Eric mumbled pulling out a cigarette and lighting it.

"Okay. I'll be back in a minute." You tell him climbing out of the car.

As you walk up to the door you become nervous, not wanting to see George. Using your keys to open the door you walk into a house that's a mess. It's not long before George is standing in front of you.

"Y/N? You.. you're back?" He ask looking at you like he thought you would never come back.

"Yeah. Loo..." you try to explain but George cuts you off with a kiss.

"I can't explain how happy I am your home. I'm so sorry!" He cried embracing you. You stand there not hugging back.

You walk to the kitchen table and throw your keys down. You also slide your wedding ring off your finger.

"What are you doing? But that back on" he asks picking up the rings.

"George you need to stop!" You raid your voice placing your hands over his.

"I can't do this anymore"

"What do you mean?" He asks tears threatening to spill from his eyes.

"George I want a divorce"