Visiting his family with your baby (paul)

Paul walked around the room rocking your newborn Mary in his arms whist humming a song to her. A week ago you gave birth to yours and Paul's first child. A darling little girl named Mary.

"You're so gorgeous" he mumbled stroking her head with his finger.

"Sit here, I wanna see her" you smiled patting the bed next to you.

Gently you laid your head down onto his shoulder and looked down at her. You moved your finger towards her hand and she grabbed it.

"Hi sweetheart" you whispered running your thumb over her knuckles.

"I'm so proud of you" Paul admitted kissing the top of your head.

"Thank you" you replied looking up at him.

"I can't wait for your dad and Angie to meet her" you whispered looking in his eyes.

"They're going to love her. We should probably start getting ready to leave" he pointed out laying Mary in her crib.

The two of you got ready to go and see his parents. You threw on a jumper that Paul had got you a few years back and a comfortable pair of trousers. You picked up Mary and made your way downstairs to pack a bag.

"Hello sweet girl! You're very awake" you cooed looking at the baby blinking up at you.

"You're just like your daddy" you admitted laying her on the baby mat in the front room.

You threw all the baby essentials into the bag ready to take to the car. Paul took the bag and Mary to the car and waited for you. You grabbed your keys off the kitchen counter and made your way to the car.

"You look beautiful" Paul admitted opening the car door for you.

"Thanks honey" you replied buckling yourself in.

"How're you feeling?" He asked starting the car.

"Alright, I've been better but it's fine we have our beautiful girl now" you admitted looking to the backseat where she was asleep.

The drive to Jim and Angie's house, that paul had brought for them, wasn't too long so they could frequently see the two of you. When you arrived Paul opened your door and got the bag. You carefully lifted Mary out of her car seat trying not to wake her.

Paul rung the doorbell and was greeted by Angie with a smiling Ruth by her side.

"Paul, Y/N! Come on in" she exclaimed opening the door.

The two of you went straight to the front room to find Jim sat reading the newspaper.

"Hi dad" Paul spoke getting Jim's attention.

"Paul!" Jim called standing from his seat.

Paul hugged his father before being tackled by Ruth.

"Paulie!" She giggled as he tickled her on the ground.

"Ruthie!" he laughed mocking her.

"Oh Y/N love she's gorgeous!" Angie gushed looking down at the small baby in your arms.

"Thank you" you answered sitting down on the sofa.

"She's wonderful" Jim admitted sitting next to you.

"Do you want to hold her?" You asked looking at Jim with tears in his eyes.

"Yes please" he nodded holding his arms out.

"Wait I want a picture of this!" Paul called from the floor telling Ruth he would be a minute.

You handed Jim Mary and she made herself comfortable in his arms. Paul grabbed his camera out the bag and wound it onto the next film cell. You pushed yourself away from Jim so Paul could take the image of his father and Mary.

"Don't be silly love, I want you in the image" Paul beamed at you.

You pushed yourself back over to Jim and wrapped an arm around him whilst leaning your head on his shoulder. The two of you smiled at the camera.

You and Jim had always had a special relationship. You had been dating Paul long before the Beatles so Jim had always know you. When Mary, Paul's mother died, he appreciated how much you did for his son.

"You two have made a beautiful baby" Angie whispered stroking Mary's fine hair.

"Can I see?" Ruth asked hugging Paul's legs.

"Okay but sit next to Y/N so she can help" he instructed pointing to the space next to you.

You opened you arms and she ran to you.

"Hi beautiful" you laughed as she buried herself in your hug.

"I've missed you" she admitted playing with your hair.

"I've missed you more" you whispered brushing her hair out of her face.

"Can I hold her?" She asked looking over at Jim.

"Yeah hold your arms out like this" you told her holding your arms out to show her.

Paul took the baby from Jim's arms and gently laid her down in Ruth's arms.

"She's very pretty" Ruth admitted looking at you and Paul.

"Yeah?" He asked sitting on the sofa arm next to you.

"Yeah she is" she answered.

"Sit next to Ruth, I'll take a picture of the four of you" Jim told Paul standing and grabbing the camera.

Paul sat on the other side of Ruth. The two of you leaned in and smiled whilst she held Mary.

"Beautiful" Angie cheered.

Paul took Mary from Ruth's arms disturbing her from her sleep. She started moving her face towards Paul's chest wanting to eat.

"I think she needs a feed" Paul admitted looking at you.

"Oh okay" you mumbled taking her from Paul's arms.

"You can feed her in our room love" Angie assured you taking you upstairs.

She left you up there to feed Mary but after struggling to get her to eat for five minutes you made your way down to Paul crying.

"Hey what's wrong?" He asked whipping your tears

"She won't eat" you cried handing him the baby.

"Okay let's stay calm and just use the formula" he whispered leaning his face on yours rubbing his nose against yours like eskimos.

Paul got the bottle ready and sat there feeding Mary whilst you leant your head on his shoulder.

"I feel so useless" you admitted playing with the sleeve of your jumper.

"Hey remember what they said, sometimes baby's like to be bottle feed" he reminded you resting his head on top of your.

He looked at his dad with pleading eyes hoping he would change the subject.

"So, what's her name?" Jim asked playing with Ruth.

You and Paul smiled at each other.

"Well we think you're really going to like it" you admitted smiling at Jim.

He looked at you with a puzzled look.

"She's called Mary" Paul informed him smiling at Jim and Mary.

"Oh Paul, mum would have loved that" he cried hugging the two of you.

You and Paul beamed at each other. You had created the perfect little family you had always wanted