Christmas morning (paul)

Rubbing the sleep from your eyes, you turned to face your husband Paul who laid there small breaths escaping through his parted lips. Looking over his face you couldn't help but smile to yourself and blush at the thought of him being your husband.

You weren't admiring Paul for long before little feet could be heard running down the hall before your bedroom door burst open.

"Wake up wake up it's Christmas" Mary cheered waking Paul up from his slumber.

"Alright, I'm awake calm down" he groaned running his hands through his hair.

You laugh in response and lean over and kiss him.

"Merry Christmas my love" you whisper as he kissed you back.

"Merry Christmas darling" he mumbled wrapping his arm around you.

"Come on Santa's been!" Mary squealed running down the stairs.

You and Paul get out of bed and follow her downstairs to find Heather sat on the sofa reading a book.

"Merry Christmas mum, merry Christmas Paul" she smiles closing her book as you sit next to her.

"Merry Christmas sweetheart" you replied sitting next to her and hugging her.

"Can we open the presents?" Mary asked sitting in-front of the tree ready.

"Hang on you need to give Heather hers so you can both open them" you informed her pointing to the tags on the gifts.

After she had sorted them into piles they were finally ready to open their presents. Mary waisted no time ripping her gifts open starting with the biggest one even after you said not to.

"THE DOLLS HOUSE I WANTED" she screamed jumping up and down opening all the doors.

You and Paul looked at each other and laughed at how excitable your daughter was. Heather picked up a medium sized square box causing you to look at Paul confused.

"This one's from me I kept it a secret from mum" he admitted chuckling at the look on your face.

Quickly she tore the paper and revealed a box containing a new record player.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" She exclaimed running and embracing Paul in a big hug.

"You're welcome darling, you're finally old enough to look after a turntable and vinyl's by yourself" he replied rocking the two of them back and forth.

You looked at him and mouthed "thank you" smiling at the two of them.

After the girls opened all their presents you and Paul had to give each other your presents.

Picking up the small box from the pile on the floor you looked towards Paul. He smiled and told you to open it.

Lifting the lid it revealed a small silver necklace with three letter charms. P, H, and M. Making up your family.

"Oh Paul I love it" you gasped instantly putting it on.

"I thought it was better than getting something engraved just incase" he chuckled kissing your head.

"It's perfect" you laughed kissing him.

"Your turn daddy!" Mary called gaining your attention.

You chuckled and went into the other room to get his gift. Walking back into the living room Paul could tell what the gift was.

"Y/N love you shouldn't have" he scolded shaking his head.

"I know but it's really cute trust me" you promised him handing the wrapped guitar.

Quickly he peeled the wrapping revealing a white guitar with three hand prints on it with your names signed underneath.

"It's beautiful" he admitted running his fingers over the strings.

"And there's still room for the future" you chuckled pointing to the white room on the guitar.