Who drugged my wife? Part 2 (john)

The doctors were in and out of your room all morning. Changing the fluids that were being pumped into your body to try and wash the drug out. John sat there laying his head on the bed trying to catch some sleep.

The machines started beeping waking him up instantly. He ran outside to get someone.

"Excuse me, somethings happening!" He called down the hallway shaking.

Doctors and nurses came rushing to your room pushing John and George out. John banged against the door begging to be with you as tears streamed down his face.

"Why don't I phone Paul?" George asked hoping he could calm John down.

"Don't bother, I tried last night but he was high" John interrupted.

John was thankful for you. You were his reason to stay away from drugs. He had seen the horrible effects of them on other people and had decided he couldn't put you through that. But for you to be experiencing the effects was heartbreaking to him. You had never asked for this. Somebody had take your life into their hands and messed it up.

"I need to phone the police" John mumbled rubbing his head.

"I'll stay here and watch her. You won't be long" George replied patting johns back.

He made his way to the room with the phone on the wall. Normally this was used for people to tell family members the worse news. This scared John. If it got to that stage he wouldn't know that to do. He picked up the phone and dialled 999.

"Hello what's the emergency?" The voice in the other end asked.

"I've been told by the hospital to contact the police as my wife has been drugged" he began trying to hold the tears back.

"Okay sir. We'll have police at the hospital to ask you some questions" voice confirmed.

"Thank you" John muttered before hanging up.

John returned back to the room to be met with doctors and George wearing concerned looks.

"What's happened?" He cried looking between them all.

"She's stable again. We believe she should stay like this but we don't know the effects that the drug has caused on her body.

"What could happen?" John asked glancing to you in the room.

"Because the drug is unknown she could become infertile, have some brain damage and forget things. She could even be slightly paralysed but we won't know until she's awake" they admitted reading off their clipboard.

"How long do you think it'll be until she wakes up?" He whispered scared to know the answer.

"We're not too sure, so we suggest you go and get some bits from home for the both of you" they advised leaving him with George.

"Look mate go home get what you need and when you comeback I'll be here. The police will probably be here then and we can get to the bottom of this" George suggested.

John agreed and walked towards the exit of the building. He was greeted with flashes from cameras and microphones for the news.

"John! John why are you here" they called from all over.

"PISS OFF WILL YA! MY WIFE IS IN THERE POSSIBLY DYING AND ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS SEEING A BEATLE!" He screamed storming through them.

Was he going to regret that? Probably. John continued to George's car and drove back home collecting what he needed. The house was quiet and empty without you. The thought of not having you back here scared John. You were his everything.