Prologue

"Trix..."

"Hon?" He smiled when he saw me.

I closed my eyes when I heard him calling me again, using his endearment for me. I was annoyed but eventually liked it.

"May nasasaktang iba, Trix." I moved away from him a little when he tried to approach me, and I remembered the pleading eyes of the woman I talked to earlier. Ayokong maranasan niya ang naranasan ko.

"So what-"

"Trix, don't do this. L-let's stop this." I gave him pleading eyes just to stop whatever we were doing.

In a quiet and windy area because of the waves going in our direction. My hair flew up, causing him to approach me and pull my hair, blocking my face, but I stopped him. I can't wait for my body to warm up because of the caresses of his soft hands.

I want this to end. I don't want to hurt someone's feelings. It's better to hurt myself than hurt her.

"K-kate..." He called my name when he saw what I did to stop him.

Ako na ang nag-ayos ng buhok ko bago ko siya tingnan sa mata na nakikiusap.

"Trix, please..." He looked away from me when he saw my pleading look. "I'm begging-"

"Fuck! Don't do that, hon. Please..." Now he's the one begging me, and that's all it took; he knelt down. I was shocked when he actually knelt down and held my legs.

"Trix..." I made him stand, but he didn't move, so I moved away from him and let him hold the sand while bending down. I don't want to see him like this; I might go back to what I came here for.

"Why? I don't care if anyone gets hurt. Tell me what I'm going to do to keep you from leaving, and I'll do it. Just stay by my side, hon. Please." He didn't stand up yet. Sumakit ang dibdib ko ng makita ang lalaking hindi ko inaasahang makikiusap at makita ang kahinaan.

"I won't stay by your side anymore, Trix. Let's stop this; that's what I want you to do right now. Let's..." I said softly as I couldn't stop the tears that I had been trying not to get out of the prison that I had been in for a while, trying not to leak. But it really can't be stopped.

He stood up after kneeling. The pleading eyes were still there in his eyes.

And seeing his handsome face and eyes like that makes me want to not do this. But something pushes me to continue what I'm doing for the woman who begged me. Sa babaeng tulad ko ay nagmamahal lang din. But I just fell in love too. But why do I have to let go and give it to her? Maybe because I don't want her to experience what I experienced before?

"Kate, I don't care if she—"

"I thought it was just me, Trix. But why someone else?"

"Honey, it's only you. I promise..."

He stopped when I cut him off. His feet stiffened and seemed to be nailed to where he was stepping upon hearing the words I uttered. I could see how he would stop hearing what I said.

In an instant... I feel like I want to approach him and tell him that it's just a lie. But not.

I chose to turn my back on him and leave him alone on the beach rather than approach him and tell him that I loved him. But it's too late... I did the right thing.

End of the prologue...