Chapter IX

"I don't know what to think." Nicki sighed looking away from the laptop.

"What are we supposed to do now? Hand them over to social services?"

"I.. I want to adopt these kids B.. I know you don't like-"

"Take them back!"

"No. These kids need help!"

"I don't want them to have to go back to those disgusting things they call parents either, especially if they just dumped them out there like that but-"

"But we can get custody over them!" Nicki said frustratedly.

"We need to talk to them first, we can't just make these decisions for them and not know if they're okay with it or not."

"Then we'll talk to them."

-

"We have a question to ask you guys." Nicki said as they were all gathered in the living room.

The three kids on the couch sat with nervous looks on their faces, Nicki standing before them, while Beyoncé sat on the loveseat holding Papa-well.. trying to.

"What is it? Are y'all gonna finally kick us out?!" Blue asked in panic making the other two children look at her expectantly.

"No-no.. why would I even do that? I was going to ask if y'all would be okay with.... adoption?"

"What! You're gonna put us up for adoption?! It's basically the same thing as kicking us out!"

"No.. we wanna adopt y'all." Nicki said taking a seat on the couch too.

"Huh?" The three of them asked looking confused..

"Miss Nicki.. you wanna adopt us?" Sir asked after awhile.

"Yeah.. I and Beyoncé made a joint decision to adopt you guys." At this Blue looked towards Beyoncé in question.

"It means you're my mommy now!!" Rumi screamed excitedly jumping in Nicki's lap peppering her face with kisses..

Papa squealed in Beyoncé's lap smiling too..

"Can I get a hug too?" Sir asked slowly approaching Beyoncé still kinda weary about her.

"Uhh.. I guess?" Beyoncé replied back a little awkwardly making Nicki chuckle.

Sir didn't mind that climbing into her lap next to Papa giving her a wide hug..

"Mama." He mumbled enjoying her warmth making Beyoncé smile a little.

This actually felt really nice..

Blue just sat smiling at everyone, she was gonna finally be happy now.. but then she thought about something making her smile dissipate.

Getting up from the couch she started heading in the direction of the stairs, but Beyoncé was the only one that noticed her movement as Nicki was busy babbling about what not with Rumi on how much fun they were gonna have from now on as a mommy-daughter duo.

-

Beyoncé excused herself from the living room walking up the long spiral staircase before finally reaching the room where the kids where staying knocking on the door.

But she got no reply in turn making her repeat the action but still no reply.

So she creaked the door open a little hearing light sniffles coming from the bed, she raised her brow at this. Wasn't she supposed to be happy now?

"Hey, what's going on?" She asked walking over to the bed, sitting on the edge of it.

Blue mumbled out something incoherent before turning her face a little to look at Beyoncé.

"Can you repeat that?"

"I said, why do you care?" Blue mumbled, it wasn't sassy but more of a genuine question.

Beyoncé seemed a bit taken aback by the question.. "I mean I just.. ion know, I don't like to see people I care about in a bad state."

"You care about me?"

"I mean yeah.. it may not seem like it but I actually care about you and your siblings.. just sometimes I can be a giant a- I mean butt." Beyoncé chuckled a little at her near slip up for the second time.

"Yeah you're not wrong about that." Blue said making Beyoncé raise her brow up at the girls obvious sassiness.

"Well.. we could start over?" Beyoncé asked slightly nervous.

"Yeah.. I guess." Blue said letting out a half smile.

"So, what's really going on? And don't tell me it's nothing either."

"I just.. I'mafraidthatallthisisn'treal andy'allarejustgonnaupandleave uslikeourparentsdid.." Blue said really fast.

"Huh?"

"I said I'm afraid that y'all are just gonna leave us at some point when you get tired of us like our parents did." Blue mumbled out but still loud enough for Beyoncé to hear.

"That's not gonna happen, believe me when I say Nicki's already gotten super attached to you kids and will not even let the thought of y'all leaving cross her mind.... Me neither."

"Thanks."

"For what?"

"For everything, I mean even tho you were kinda mean at first but you're nice now, so that's good." Blue smiles a little sitting up "Also.. thanks for not kicking us out."

"I guess y'all deserve a sorry too, I was being mean for no reason and yeah.. I'm sorry, we good now?"

"We good."

___

𝑆𝑢𝑝 :)