Chapter XXXXIII

"I told her." Nicki says to Beyoncé later that night when they were getting ready for bed, Beyoncé already knowing about what Onika was talking about had asked.

"What was her reaction?"

"What'd you expect?" Onika sighs falling back on the bed, "Bey?" she asks after awhile.

"Mhmm..?" Beyoncé hums in reply.

"Do you think we're not that good at parenting?"

Beyoncé had to think on that, the kids had never spoken bad of thier parenting style, they always seemed happy around them so not really no.

"I don't think so.. honestly that's a question for the kids and not me." Beyoncé replies back getting into the bed with Onika, switching off their night lamp in the process.

Onika doesn't say anything afterwards about it, she shouldn't be doubting herself .. of course she's a great mother.

Beyoncé had woken Blue early that Saturday morning, she'd decided to take her on a little mommy-daughter date to help her forget about the whole birth mother thing which had been plaguing her mind all week.

"Where we going?" Blue asks in confusion she didn't know they were going somewhere today.

"I thought we'd both spend the day together, just us." Beyoncé smiles to which Blue nods still a bit confused "Oh, okay." She goes to get dressed while Beyoncé goes downstairs to wait for her.

"Mama can we play Barbies today? You don't play with me." Rumi says climbing into Beyoncé's lap who was sitting in the living room on her phone.

"Uh, I'm going out today Ru, maybe-"

"Mama, I'm ready." Blue calls out all dressed up in a black long sleeve and a pink skirt with black flowery sandals.

"You going out with Blue and not me?" Rumi asks hurt getting down from Beyoncé's lap. It wasn't fair! Beyoncé was always hanging out with Blue and not her. Nicki had gone on a mommy-daughter date with Blue before but not her, now Beyoncé too! Was it because she was different?

"No Ru it's not like that." Beyoncé's says trying to pick up the girl but she'd resisted not letting Bey pick her up.

"Leave me alone!" Rumi screams "I wanna go hang with mommy instead!" She walks up the stairs meeting Nicki halfway who was already walking down after hearing the commotion with Papa in her arms.

Beyoncé just stares at them in guilt whereas Blue just looks on not wanting to go out again not like she wanted to, to begin with.

"Mommy? C-can we go on a mommy-daughter date like the one M-mama is going with Blue?" She was sniffing now hugging Nicki's legs. Nicki signals to Beyoncé to go, she'll handle Rumi.

Beyoncé just sighs as both she and Blue leave the house.

"Of course baby, we're gonna go on a mommy-daughter date, mama only went out with Blue because Blue's older so she won't wanna go to the place we go to today." Nicki says with enthusiasm.

"Really? We're going out today?!" Rumi says wiping away her tears.

"Of course." Nicki smiles "after breakfast, you and Sir will go change and we'll all go out, maybe tomorrow it'll just be you and mama like the one Blue went on today." Nicki smiles making Rumi nod and do the same.

--

"I thought we'd go to see a movie then we'll go to the mall." Beyoncé says while they were in the car.

"Okay." The driver drives them both to the nearest theatre which Beyoncé had already closed off, so they could have some privacy.

"Which movie are we seeing?" Blue asks as they walk through the theatre, "Black panther." Beyoncé says taking a seat Blue taking a seat next to her.