Chapter XIV

"Where are we headed to next ma'am?" Julius asked as he started up the car.

"We need to make a quick stop at Angie's house, I need to talk to her." She said making Julius nod driving off in the direction of the house.

Angie is Beyoncé's cousin but not only that she is also a social worker, so talking to her about what was going on could make things easier for her.

No lie she was feeling bad about not letting her family know about this first hand but she just wasn't sure if she was ready for that and especially not the kids.

If she told her family then they'd surely be over the next day- invited or not- and she didn't want to overwhelm the kids with all that, they were just getting used to her and Nicki they don't need more untop of that, well at least not yet.

-

Switching her phone on she was immediately bombarded with texts and miss call notifications most being from Nicki.

NicNac💕: Where are you

9:08am.

NicNac💕: For real bey where are u, the kids are asking

9:54am.

NicNac💕: I'm worried call me back when u get this

10:31am.

She exited out of there going to Angie's contact to shoot her a quick text.

I'm coming over, I gotta talk
to you:

10:40am.

She then went back and texted Nicki before switching her phone off.

I'm fine, I'll be back before dinner:

-

"We're here ma'am." Julius said pulling up to a modern style family home.

She wasn't worried about Angie not being home seeing as it was a Tuesday and she usually doesn't go to work on Tuesdays.

She got out the car ringing the doorbell, and waited for a reply before walking in.

Julius stayed in the car to wait after she said she was only gonna be there awhile.

"BB?!" Angie said giving her a hug as soon as she saw her.

"Y-you're squeezing a lil t-too tight!" Beyoncé exclaimed as Angie let her go.

"Sorry 'bout that." She smiles sheepishly before leading them both to the living room.

It was a nice modern house not too luxurious but very beautiful too, she was the only one that lived there anyways.

"So to what do I owe this visit Mrs. Knowles." Angie chuckled eyeing her younger cousin.

"Well I kinda need a favour." Beyoncé stated making Angie raise her brow "it's very important."

"What's it about?"

Beyoncé then explained everything that happened right from Nicki finding the children in the rain to the point where she now wants to adopt them.

"So what I'm hearing is that you've been a little bitch to those children." Angie said making Beyoncé side eye her.

"Angie be serious."

"Okay fine, come over to my office tomorrow and we'll see what we can do but first we're gonna have to see if the house is truly unsuitable for childcare, if it's not then they will be put into the system-"

"I don't want them in the system."

"Can you let me finish damn! anyways as I was saying, then you can adopt them from there but the process is not gonna be as easy as it seems."

"Don't worry about all that, I know thier stank ass father won't let up easy but a little money should make him bend."

"Wow BB got money! Anyways I do need to meet these children, we could also get evidence of child neglect and abuse which could potentially put their father in jail, you did say that you only met them a little over a week ago, so they may still have bruises or cuts I don't know." Angie shrugged but noticed the look on Beyoncé's face.

"I don't think they'll be comfortable doing something like that."

"They need this Bey if you don't want to see them with those people they call parents again you'll just have to try."

"I guess so. I'll come over with the children tomorrow but I'll have to let Nicki know first."

"Okay I wouldn't want the wife to get mad." Angie laughed making Beyoncé slap her shoulder.

"Shut up, anyways I'll see you tomorrow okay. Bye." She then got up giving Angie a quick hug before leaving the house getting back into the car deciding on spending the remainder of the afternoon in her office, she really did need this time to think about her next move.

-

𝑊ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑦'𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑠 𝑒𝑥𝑎𝑐𝑡𝑙𝑦, 𝐼 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑏𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑖𝑠 𝑔𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑏𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑦 𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑛𝑒𝑥𝑡 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑔.