Chapter XXIII

The front door opens up revealing Beyoncé who stood by the door, she immediately walks into the living room getting ready to just slide through and lock herself up in her room but...

"Mama!" She heard Sir say "I have something to show you." He smiles brightly.

"Not right now but maybe later." She says trying to continue on with her journey out the living room and up the stairs..

"Are you okay?" She heard a soft voice ask her from the couch, she immediately started getting chocked up not being able to look at the girl the same after what Shawn had said earlier in the day.

"Fine." She spoke before quickly jogging up the stairs.

"I'll go talk to her." Nicki then said for the first time since Beyoncé had walked into the house passing Papa to Blue handing over his bottle.

-

"What's wrong?" Nicki asks walking over to the bed where Beyoncé lay staring directly at the window, she hadn't even changed out her clothes.

"I.. h-have something to tell you." Beyoncé says her voice shaky a little she didn't want to tell Nicki or anybody for that matter if Blue wasn't ready to tell.

But she felt it was better to just tell Nicki, keeping secrets wouldn't be the best and especially not in a very sensitive situation like this.

Nicki climbed into the bed, Beyoncé instinctively placing her head on the younger woman's lap..

"Yeah.." she says motioning for her to continue while running her fingers through her hair.

"It's about B-blue.."

Nicki immediately sensed the discomfort in her tone making her perk up a little.

She nodded her head for her to continue..

"S-She was... gang raped." The soothing in her hair stilled, Onika was frozen.

"What?!" The woman ask a mixture of both shock and anger evident on her face.

Beyoncé then started explaining everything that had happened in the court room.

"I don't even know what to do, I f-feel so useless! She's probably dealing with that all by herself and we didn't even know. How didn't we notice all the s-signs!" Nicki bawls out Beyoncé sitting upwards to wrap the younger woman in a firm hold, Nicki climbing into her lap.

"It's not your fault.. Now we know and we can help her.. not just her but all the kids... Our kids." Beyoncé whispers softly rocking them from side to side feeling Nicki's tears start to wet part of her dress shirt.

"We need to see a t-therapist." Nicki states quietly after awhile.

"Yes but just.. not now."

"BB....W-when are we going to get the papers signed?"

"Tomorrow, baby."

Their moment was suddenly cut short as a knock came from the door.

"Can we come in?" They heard Sir's voice ask.

"Yes baby." Nicki replied to him and then the door was suddenly swung open.

"We wanna watch a movie with you guys." Rumi states shyly rocking back and forth on her feet.

"Okay, you wanna watch it here?" Beyoncé asks motioning towards the flat screen tv facing towards the king sized bed.

"Yeah.. why're you guys sitting like that?" Blue asks questioningly at the position both women were in- Nicki still in Beyonce's lap.