Chapter XVI

The next day came by sooner than expected or at least sooner than the children wanted it to.

They were not excited at all to go anywhere, Rumi and Sir were the first to get dressed after a chaotic hour and a lot of persuasion from Nicki.

They were finally all ready by almost eleven a.m., getting into the car Beyoncé sat up front with Julius.

The kids sitting in the back with Nicki, Papa in her lap, while the other three to the right side of her.

Blue had been oddly quiet all morning and to say the two adults we're not worried would be an understatement.

They didn't want to have to do this but they had no choice, they just hoped she wouldn't have a panic attack of some sort.

"We're here." Julius said pulling up at a moderately large building, there was no paparazzi there so they were okay.

As they walked into the building, Nicki could feel Rumi squeezing her hands tightly-desperately.

Knocking on the door they waited for a few before they heard a small come in so they all walked in.

"Oh BB." Angie greeted.

"Hey." Beyoncé replied.

Angie sent a small smile Nicki's way making her return the smile back.

"Hi Angie." she smiled.

"Hey girl, long time." Angie chuckled a little looking over at the children.

"Sorry 'bout that, I've been a lil busy as you can see but I'll make sure to stop bye this Saturday." Nicki said.

"You better.." she chuckled "And who are these cuties?" She asked trying to get the kids a little comfortable.

Beyoncé nudged Blue a little to introduce herself but she just shrugged hiding behind her not wanting to speak to the lady, so Beyoncé just introduced them herself.

"Umm.. B, Nic.. y'all think you could step out a bit? I just wanna talk to them awhile, I'll call you back in soon."

Normally they wouldn't have listened but since it was Angie and they were sure they could trust her they decided to go.

Nicki passed Papa to Blue who took him out her hands.

But before they could even step a foot out, the sounds of cries and wails made them stop.

Rumi ran up to them or at least Nicki flailing her arms and crying loudly wrapping her arms around the woman's legs, while Papa was doing the same in Blue's arms.

He didn't understand what was going on but was just crying based on the fact that his sister was crying too.

"Shh..shh." Nicki picked the little girl up making her bury her face in the crook of her neck still crying wetting her collar a little.

"You.. you l-leave us, here?" She asked picking her head up a little.

"No..of course not. We're just right here outside this door." She smiled a little to ease the little girls worry.

"St-stay.." She mumbled looking up at the woman.

Nicki looked towards Angie for approval, she just nodded.. although a bit hesitantly.

"I'm not supposed to allow this but they need you so.. I guess you can stay." She said a little bit unsurely.

Beyoncé just nodded walking out the room, deciding she'd used the time to just think, she'd been so sure the past week about adopting them.

But now she thinks about it, she quite literally does not know the first thing about being a parent.

How was she going to do it?

How was she going to tell her family about all this?

How was she gonna handle the media finding out?

But most importantly how was she going to make Rumi more comfortable around her?

Almost an entire hour later and Nicki walked out with the children, "She needs to speak with you." She told Beyoncé.

Beyoncé walked back into the room taking a seat across her cousin, "umm.. the children, they need more help than we thought, not just adoption but you have to check after their mental health as well."

"When I asked Blue a couple of questions she hadn't even given me a single answer, not a word spoken.." She breathed out before continuing "Rumi cried through out mumbling a bunch of incoherent words I don't even think is in the dictionary and Sir was just calm and collected answering my questions but not really answering them, he just gave me a bunch of indirect answers."

Beyoncé just sighed no wonder Nicki looked exhausted walking out the room.

"I took a few shots of their legs and backs and stuff, umm they have quite a couple of bruises, some more than others but at least their fading, I think you'd definitely need to schedule a hospital visit." Beyoncé nodded to all the information.

"We're gonna be pressing charges, the adoption papers will be ready by next week."

"Thank you so much Angie, you really don't know what this means to me." She said gratefully before getting up.

They greeted their last goodbye before Beyoncé then walked out the office.

Now she was just gonna go home and take a nice long shower.. she needed it.

-
𝑇ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑠?

𝑆𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑦 𝑖𝑓 𝑎 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑝𝑙𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑖𝑛𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑚𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑖𝑠 𝑤𝑟𝑜𝑛𝑔, 𝐼 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 ℎ𝑜𝑤 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑎𝑑𝑜𝑝𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑓𝑜𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑡𝑢𝑓𝑓 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑘𝑠.

𝐵𝑢𝑡 𝐼 𝑡𝑟𝑦 𝑡𝑜 𝑚𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑖𝑡 𝑎𝑠 𝑠𝑒𝑛𝑠𝑖𝑏𝑙𝑒 𝑎𝑠 𝑝𝑜𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑏𝑙𝑒.
。◕‿◕。