Chapter XVII

It'd been almost 24 hours since they'd come back and Beyoncé was getting worried for them not just them but Nicki too.

As soon as they came back the kids immediately zoomed off to their rooms and hadn't come out since.

Nicki had also gone up to her room.

Beyoncé walked into the room seeing her wife laying on the bed staring plainly at the ceiling.

"You good?" She asked walking further into the room taking a seat besides her on the bed.

Nicki sat up resting her head on her wife's shoulder, "I guess.." she mumbled trailing off.

"Come on, tell me what's bothering you." Beyoncé said lifting her face up a little to get on eye level.

"You think the kids t-trust us?" She asked quietly, "I mean Blue doesn't wanna talk to me, a-and the others are acting distant."

"It's not us okay, they're just going through a lot right now, they need a little space, but not too much. I'm sure they'll come around." Beyoncé said placing a kiss on her wife's lips.

It was silent for awhile before Nicki suddenly gasped making Beyoncé look at her questioningly.

"We can plan a little family outing to get their minds off the whole case and stuff!" She said making Beyoncé shake her head.

"It would be nice but you know we can't actually plan an outing without it getting ruined by paparazzi." She said turning her nose up in disgust.

"We can just go for a little family dinner and rent out the place for the evening." She said making Beyoncé think for awhile.

"I guess.." she said but still a little unsurely.

-

"Can you go call your sister down?" Nicki said to Sir as they were about to have their dinner.

"She said to bring her dinner upstairs." He shrugged picking a plate up from the table.

Nicki looked at Beyoncé with a look of worry, Beyoncé just shook her head telling her to leave it alone but she didn't listen.

"I'm gonna go take the food to her, you can sit and have your dinner." Nicki smiled getting out her chair taking the plate from him.

"Umm..."

"It's okay, I'll take it."

He shrugged taking a seat.

Beyoncé just sat there and watched her go upstairs hoping that Blue would at least speak to Nicki.

-

"Blue?" Nicki asked peeking her head a little into the room seeing the girl under the many covers on the bed.

She walked into the room, the food still in her hands, locking the door behind her she walked closer towards the bed, placing the food on the bedside table.

"Blue baby, you know you can talk to me right?" She asked softly not wanting to scare the girl more into her shell.

The sounds of small whimpers coming from under the covers made her pull the covers up lightly.

The girl was crouched in a fetus position as she cried her eyes out, surprisingly she reached out to hug Nicki wrapping her arms around the woman's waist resting her face in the crook of her neck.

Nicki could feel the tears wet her skin but that was the least of the problems at the moment.

She rubbed slow circles on her back to calm her down.

"You think he's gonna be mad that they're gonna t-take him away?" Blue asked softly after awhile wiping her tears with the back of her palm.

"He's not gonna do anything to you, as long as he's detained and you're with us your safe. Your siblings too." Nicki stated firmly guessing she was talking about her 'dad'.

"But-" the girl whimpered making Nicki even more worried for her mental health.. this being the most vulnerable she's seen the girl since they'd been with her "..He's very dangerous."

"There's nothing to worry about, he's not going to get out and even if he does we have top security safeguarding the house, nothing's gonna happen, he can't hurt you again." She spoke softly running her fingers through the girls curls as she rested her head on her shoulder.

"But h-he always finds a way to do it, he r-really doesn't like me." she spoke now with a tone Nicki just couldn't quite comprehend.

She knew it was much more than that, there was way more to the story than they made it seem.. it just wasn't physical abuse. He'd done something else.., something probably traumatizing enough to make them like this.. especially Rumi.

But was she going to push the subject? No.

She would just wait for them to tell her, she just hoped the day was coming sooner than expected.

"You don't need to worry about him anymore, if he doesn't like you then that's his loss. You're the most beautiful, intelligent and responsible person I know and anyone who doesn't see your worth just isn't worth it." Nicki stated firmly.

Blue leaned over placing a kiss on her cheek. "Thank you so much Nicki, no one has ever said that to me and it just.. it means a lot."

Nicki just nodded, she hoped the girl was feeling a little better now but most of all she hoped she would one day feel comfortable enough to call her mom.

"It's true, no lie there and I'm just stating facts."

"Come on let's go have our dinner." She said again to which Blue shook her head slowly.

"Can we just umm..skip?" She mumbled unsurely "I wanna lay down with you."

"You don't have to be shy to ask about that, come on we can lay together but no skipping any other meals, deal?" She asked holding up her pinky.

"This is so childish, but deal." Blue chuckled, Nicki doing the same.

They both then got under the covers before sleeping, Blue falling asleep first to the sound of Nicki humming and running her fingers through her hair.

Nicki fell asleep not too long after getting attached more and more by the second.

-

𝑇ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑠?

𝐵𝑙𝑢𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑣𝑢𝑙𝑛𝑒𝑟𝑎𝑏𝑙𝑒?

𝐵𝑙𝑢𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑠𝑐𝑎𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑜𝑓 𝑗𝑎𝑦?

𝑊ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑑𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑝𝑜𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑏𝑙𝑦 ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑒𝑛𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑚𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑚 𝑠𝑜 𝑠𝑐𝑎𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑜𝑓 ℎ𝑖𝑚?

𝑇ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑎 𝑠𝑛𝑒𝑎𝑘 𝑝𝑒𝑒𝑘 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑖𝑟 𝑝𝑎𝑠𝑡 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑛𝑒𝑥𝑡 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟.