Chapter XXXIX

King had resumed school the next morning which Blue couldn't have been more happy about though she didn't really know the reason as to why she was so happy.

"Hello girls!" The boy smiles, he seemed way happier now than he was last school term.

"Hi." Blue smiles shyly tapping the empty seat next to her for him to take a seat on, "Thanks." He smiles appreciatively taking a seat.

"Hey." Kiki smiles brightly sitting on the desk, the teacher hadn't come yet so they had some time to talk for awhile, "What's got you all smiley like that?" She says eyeing the boy.

"Oh nothing, really." He says still smiling as bright as ever.

"Come on, tell us.."

"Okay fine, my father got custody of me and my brother, that's kinda why I wasn't in school yesterday, we were moving in."

"You never told us, your parents had problems.." Blue says sadly to which the boy just shrugs, "I mean I didn't really think it was necessary.. plus I never really liked my mom so..."

The girls could tell he didn't really want to talk about it so they just changed the topic, "How's your new house?" Kiki asks.

"It's huge! Like we should have a sleepover sometime..." Just then the teacher walks in so they had to cut their conversation short.

-

"I don't know Wayne, you know I got a whole entire family now!"

"I know that but are you seriously about to throw away your career? It'll just be for a week just think about it."

"Okay fine but just for a week I'm not about to hear "something came up so you have to stay a bit longer'" She rolls her eyes leaning back on the couch.

"I promise you not gon' hear nun of that." He chuckles turning back to the keypad.

-

Nicki had ended up telling the kids and Beyoncé about her trip to LA, Beyoncé had taken it remotely well but the kids not so much...

As soon as she'd said that Blue had immediately gone quiet refusing to talk to her all through dinner.

Rumi had started crying and Sir seemed pissed off if anything, Papa who didn't understand couldn't have cared any less.

"Come on baby, it's just a week, I'll be back." Nicki says trying to console Rumi who was now seated in her lap.

"B-but you'll c-come back right?" She asks still sniffing the tears still gliding down her face.

"Of course, it's just gonna be a week." She smiles softly wiping the tears on her face.

Rumi nods still sniffing but she wouldn't get off Nicki's lap and they stayed like that till dinner was over.

Rumi and Papa had fallen asleep almost immediately after, Beyoncé had taken Papa off her hands to go set him down to sleep while Nicki had gone to drop Rumi in her room.

"You'll be back next week right?" Sir says as soon as she walks into the room.

"Of course, I wouldn't go anywhere else." She assured him coming to place a kiss on his forehead after putting Rumi down.

"Okay."

-

"Come on, talk to me...." Onika drags out making Blue turn over to face the other side.

"Why do you have to leave??" She asks almost on the brink of tears but wipes it immediately not wanting Nicki to see it.

"It's my job, you know that. I promise I'll be back by next week plus I'm not leaving till tomorrow evening.."

"But.., are you sure you'll be back by next week?"

"Where else would I go? I'll be back before you even know it, I promise you, you'll have so much fun you probably won't even notice I'm gone."

"You sure?"

"Absolutely positive."

-

"Stop looking at me like that." Onika was feeling guilty now with the way Beyoncé was staring her down.

"Why didn't you tell me before, you're literally leaving tommorow!"

"Bey..." She drags out getting into the bed with the woman, "You know how it is.. I don't wanna go either but I have to."

"Mhmm.."

"Baby...." Onika drags out placing kisses all over her wife's face. "Don't start what you can't finish." Beyoncé mumbles staring into the eyes of her lover.

"Who said I couldn't finish?"

--

I know this is short but uh... I'm losing inspiration for this book like.

And I'm even more pissed off because I had written a new book in my drafts which was almost complete, just for me to come back the next day and Wattpad had so graciously deleted it for me and now I'm not rewriting those hours of hard labor again 😫☹️

Y'all I also need ideas for this book like what should happen next.... (spoiler→) because in da next few chapters I'mma do a time skip. So.. if you got ideas feel free to pm me.. I'm nice 🙂. P.s Don't request if you're not following.

Anyways enough with my ranting please vote, comment and follow 🍺✨