Chapter XXVI

While all this happened at school Beyoncé and Onika were at home since they both decided to take a day off work.

It took Nicki quite awhile but she'd finally been able to put Papa to sleep.

"Baby." She says walking into she and Beyoncé's shared bedroom.

"Yeah?" The blonde woman asks scrolling through her Instagram feed, reading through fan comments about when the album was gonna be out.

"I'm horny." Nicki says simply getting into the bed on top of Bey, the blonde instinctively placing her hand on her ass.

"Is that so?" Beyoncé smirks putting her phone on the bedside table, starting to place kisses on the shorter woman's collarbone.

They hadn't done 'it' in a long while, it was always little kisses here or there and whenever they'd managed to go far enough they were interrupted.

And as usual they were interrupted again by the sounds of cries, coming from the room across.

It was loud and distressed, Nicki immediately forgetting about all her needs climbed out the bed going into the room across where Papa was standing in his crib crying his eyes out.

Nicki picked him up feeling his skin was hot, he was quite literally burning up and was uncomfortable.

All of a sudden he threw up all over her clothes and continued to cry if not louder this time.

Beyoncé walks into the room just then taking Papa from Nicki seeing her clothes were ruined with some milky white substance that seemed like puke.

"I'll take him, go get changed we're going to the doctor's." Beyoncé says going to give him a change of clothes too.

He was still crying but it wasn't as loud this time, she rubbed slow circles on his stomach while looking through the drawers for some change of clothes- something loose.

-

"Do you breastfeed?" The peadatrician asks walking out the children ward were Papa was sleeping peacefully.

He'd basically cried himself to sleep after getting checked with his fist in his mouth.

"No.. just bottles." Beyoncé answers for them as Nicki had already walked inside to see Papa, worry couldn't even describe what she felt at the moment.

She'd actually ended up crying along with Papa at some point fearing that something was seriously wrong with him.

"Well you know his digestive system is not that strong yet, I feel the whole bottle feeding thing isn't very good for him." The woman says.

"So what do you want us to do, breastfeed?" Beyoncé asks looking towards where Nicki was cuddling Papa inside momentarily.

"Yes. It would be much better for him, you know him not having breast milk could actually have some cognital effects on him later on."

"Okay doc, umm.. let me just speak to my wife first." Beyoncé says, the doctor only nods following her into the room where both Papa and Nicki were in.

"What's wrong with him?" Nicki asks worriedly as soon as they both walked in.

The doctor explains everything she'd said to Beyoncé just seconds prior, stating it was important and they needed to switch.

"I'll do it." Beyoncé suddenly says making both Nicki and the doctor look at her.

"Are you sure Beyoncé, I can do it it's totally fine." She says unsurely, she just couldn't register Beyoncé as the type to want to do that. Hell, she didn't even want the kids about a month ago.

"It's fine I want to do it." Beyoncé replies back, it was an experience she was willing to try, maybe it'd get the kids to trust her more.

Honestly she wasn't even sure why she wanted to do it, she just wanted to.

"Okay, if you say so. Please come with me, let me tell you how to start lactating." The woman says leading Beyoncé out the room.

Nicki stayed with Papa and she rubbed slow circles on his stomach, humming a little tune.

Then she heard the sound of a phone ringing, she reached into her back pocket to get the phone out.

"Hello?" She asks seeing it was an unknown number.

"Is this Mrs Maraj-Knowles?" The person on the other side asks.

"Yeah who's this?"

"I'm calling for Blue.. she got into an altercation with one of the other kids today, now she doesn't want to say what happened. She got a nasty cut on her knee and she won't let the school nurse handle it, can you please come pick her up?"

"Umm okay I'm on my way." She says quickly before hanging up the phone.

She was slowly starting to feel a bit dizzy, no one ever told her that being a parent would be this stressful.

Beyoncé soon walks back into the room.

"We need to go pick Blue up."

"Why?" Beyoncé asks confusedly.

"She got into a fight and now doesn't wanna talk to anyone."

Beyoncé didn't respond to that and just picked Papa up-she was told that she could take him home.

Both of them got into the car, next stop to Blue's elementary school.

-

𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑢𝑠 𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑦 𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑟𝑡 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝐼 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑤𝑟𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑠𝑜 𝑦'𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑔𝑜𝑛𝑛𝑎 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑘 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑛𝑒𝑥𝑡 𝑡𝑤𝑜 𝑑𝑎𝑦𝑠.

I don't know why I feel like y'all don't know the ages of the characters and stuff and that's kinda confusing so imma just write it down.

-
Beyoncé (30)
Nicki (29)
Blue (10)
Rumi & Sir (4)
Papa (6 months)
-

Do y'all think I should put up a character list in the first chapter ?, I don't know why I all of a sudden thought about that.