Chapter X

It had now officially been a week since Beyoncé and Nicki had decided to take the kids in.

"Mommy! Can you help me with my hair?" Rumi asked loudly walking into Nicki's room with a bow in her hands.

Nicki only smiles motioning for her to take a seat at the vanity, she still hadn't gotten used to being called mom.

But let alone she was still really worried about the media finding out about this, she hadn't even told her family yet and neither had Beyoncé.

"How do you want it?" She asked holding up a brush.

"This way and this way." Rumi said using her hands to narrate it.

"Okay."

-

It was almost two in the afternoon and Nicki decided on going to the mall to get a few more clothes and things for the children, they were going to be having a family gathering the next day, she was worried, their family had wanted them to have children since they'd been married for almost three years now but still she was still kinda worried.

Not cause of her family but moreso because of the kids, she was more worried about them not being able to cope with the whole new change of environment but they'd been doing pretty good for the last week.

Her and Beyoncé's jobs couldn't stay hidden forever and the kids were gonna find out one way or the other, especially since they were having a family dinner tomorrow their jobs were definitely going to come up as a topic of discussion.

-

Beyoncé's own thoughts differed greatly from her wife, yes she was quite worried about what the media was going to think about it, but honestly she couldn't care less if they didn't accept their decision to adopt.

But what she was mostly worried about was custody over the children.. it was going to be fucking messy.

Especially if their parents are gold diggers but she didn't have complete evidence of child abuse and neglect, which was definitely not helping her case.

Adopting Papa was going to be way easier than the others, seeing as he wasn't blood related to the other three, it was kinda shocking to find out.

His mother was a sixteen year old prostitute who had abandoned him, just three months after she had given birth to him, she was guessing that Blue had found him sometime later and managed to keep him alive till now.

As for the three other children their parents are drug dealers who live in the much sketchier side of NY.

That was just about the only information she could get on them, she was gonna ask Blue about it but she realised how much of a sensitive topic it would be so now she was wondering how she was going to bring the topic up without triggering anything.

Currently she was in her studio working on a new track, just after she was finally able to put papa to sleep she decided to come down here to work.

But it just wasn't flowing, "I'm so freaking stressed!" She groaned taking off her headphones.

With all the things on her mind right now she was finding it so hard to focus.

"Who's in here?" A quiet voice asked creaking the door open, Beyoncé turned around to see Rumi walking into the room but the girl immediately frowned upon seeing her.

"Oh.. s-sorry." Rumi mumbled turning around ready to walk out the room.

Beyoncé internally frowned at this, yeah, she was mean at first but she thought she was finally able to make amendments with all of them.. all but one.

"Rumi? Come here." She said.

"Pl-please don't hit me.. I said I-I was sorry!" Rumi screams as the first tear rolled down her soft cheeks..

Beyoncé couldn't be more grateful in this moment that she made her studio soundproof.

Not only that but she was confused as well, she hadn't even done anything to the kid, all she was trying to do was maybe have a nice bonding time and get to know each other on a more friendlier level.

Just then it hit her.. maybe she could get all the evidence she needed from the little girl.

-

𝑅𝑢𝑚𝑖 ?

𝑇ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑠 𝑜𝑛 ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑢𝑑𝑑𝑒𝑛 𝑜𝑢𝑡𝑏𝑢𝑟𝑠𝑡?

𝐵𝑒𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑐𝑒́?

𝐶𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡?