Chapter XXII

-

Beyoncé got herself dressed and ready to go to court the next day to see the verdict that was going to be put against Shawn.

It wasn't really necessary for her to go but she really wanted to see the man who'd put the children through so much trauma put behind bars.

She wanted to see his pathetic tears as he begged for his freedom..

Nicki was going to be out at the studio, so the kids were going to stay at home with the house keepers, not like they really needed them, they'd mostly spend their days watching tv, if not they'd be up in their room.

They all had their breakfast before the two parents were off leaving the children to care for themselves for the next couple of hours.

-

"Shawn Corey Carter, what do you have to say about this..?" The judge asked to Shawn who stood up at the witness stand.

Beyoncé sat at one of the rows with Angie as their lawyer had already presented all evidence signifying to domestic violence which was obviously not placed in Shawn's favour.

He couldn't even afford a lawyer so he had to stick with the government given one who didn't really care less if he won the case or not, anyways his client wasn't paying him.

"I..I-" Shawn fumbled with his words for a bit before finally deciding to keep his mouth shut looking towards his lawyer for help.

"The court will be taking a break now." The judge suddenly said, temporarily putting Shawn out of his misery.

Beyoncé just scoffed rolling her eyes, this was taking way longer than it was supposed to, all evidence already proved he was guilty so why drag it out longer than it needs to.

"Just calm down he's not going to win anyways." Angie said and stood upright stretching a little.

Beyoncé didn't answer instead opting to look towards Shawn who looked to be roasting the hell out of his lawyer.. who couldn't give two flying fucks about his rants.

How was he expecting to win this case?

Better question.. why would he physically assault a bunch of children on a daily basis not just children.. his biological ones.

Shawn suddenly turned his eyes meeting Beyonce's, his frown went even deeper if that was even possible, Beyoncé only smirked as he approached.

"Oh nice to see you on this lovely day, Mr.Carter." Beyoncé smiles just to be petty.

"Don't 'nice to see you' me. What the fuck is your problem?! If you want the damn kids you can have 'em! What's the need for all this?!" He said his voice rising a couple octaves higher.

"I would advise you to lower your tone sir." Angie says switching her phone on and turning on her voice recorder slyly.

Shawn only chuckles stepping up to Beyoncé who only laughs, "Boy, get the fuck outta my face with your potato smelling ass."

"You know what..!" He said gripping her hand tightly ".. I may be going to jail but ion care, I did what I wanted I took that little cunts virginity and had all my friends fuck her.. it felt nice-" He suddenly moaned towards the end but was cut off at the harsh slap landed on the side of his face, it only made him laugh louder.

Beyoncé could feel the anger brimming up in her, she was just about ready to murder him right in this court room.

"They're about to begin." Shawn's lawyer suddenly came up to him dragging him away from the situation.

"Calm down Bey, you can't let your emotions get the best of you." Angie says making her seat before excusing herself, walking off to God knows where.

Beyoncé did her couple of breathing exercises closing and opening her fist feeling just about ready to punch Shawn in the face and stump on his dick till there was nothing left of it.

It was now all making sense to her.. no wonder Blue didn't like either of them being in the room if she wanted to get changed..

She didn't like people touching her all to much and it took her so long to finally trust them.. she was always so secretive about everything.

The judge banged his gavel just about ready to make a verdict when someone suddenly walked up to him saying something to him silently before the person than walked away.

"It looks like we have something else being charged against you.. Mr. Shawn and there's evidence too." Beyoncé looked up confused at Angie who had just walked back sitting next to her.

The voice recording was then suddenly played loud enough for the whole court room to hear.

"What?" Beyoncé asks looking towards Angie.

"I audio recorded what he said." She replies back with a scowl looking towards the man who had on a blank expression on his face.

"Is this true, Mr. Carter?"

Shawn just kept his mouth shut looking straight ahead..

"Mr. Carter you have been charged with both domestic violence, physical assault and sexual abuse and has been sentenced to thirty five years in prison." He then banged his gavel "Court adjourned."

Two police officers walked up to Shawn putting his hands in cuffs, before walking off but not before Shawn looked to Beyoncé with a menacing grin on his face.

"So when do we sign the adoption papers?" Beyoncé asks Angie as they walk out the court.

"Y'all can come in tomorrow, the papers will be ready by then."Angie smiles as they continued to walk towards the car.

"You okay?" She suddenly asks as they reach Beyonce's car were Julius was waiting in for her.

"Yeah I just need time to process all this but I'll stop by tomorrow." They then bid their farewells before Beyoncé got into the car as they pulled out the parking lot.

-

𝑇ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑠?

𝑊ℎ𝑜 𝑑𝑜 𝑦'𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘 𝐼 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑡𝑎𝑙𝑘 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑏𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐼 𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑔𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑎 𝑙𝑖𝑡𝑡𝑙𝑒 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑙𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑜𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑖𝑟 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑡𝑒𝑟?

𝑁𝑒𝑥𝑡 𝑢𝑝𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑒?

𝑆𝑐ℎ𝑜𝑜𝑙 𝑖𝑠 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑢𝑝 𝑠𝑜 𝑢𝑝𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑠 𝑤𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑𝑛'𝑡 𝑏𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑓𝑟𝑒𝑞𝑢𝑒𝑛𝑡.. 𝑀𝑎𝑦𝑏𝑒 𝑜𝑛𝑐𝑒 𝑜𝑟 𝑡𝑤𝑖𝑐𝑒 𝑎 𝑤𝑒𝑒𝑘 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝐼'𝑙𝑙 𝑡𝑟𝑦 𝑡𝑜 𝑢𝑝𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑒 𝑎𝑠 𝑚𝑢𝑐ℎ 𝑎𝑠 𝐼 𝑐𝑎𝑛.

𝑉𝑜𝑡𝑒, 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡, 𝑠ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑒 ♡