Chapter XXVIII

When they'd gotten home Blue immediately went up to the room to look for Papa since she hadn't seen him all day.

"Mam' what's wrong with him?" She asked Nicki who had just walked back into the room to check on him.

"Oh you're back." She smiles a bit before turning towards Papa who was lying in the crib they'd put up in the room.

The kids didn't want to get separate rooms saying quote on quote that it was safer if they stayed together.

It worried both Beyoncé and Onika cause they'd have to separate at some point but for now they just let it slide.

"He's not feeling too well right now, but he'll be okay." She sighs just then Papa had woken up tears in his eyes.

Nicki carried him out the crib but that didn't stop him from crying, he kept wailing while flapping his arms.

"Pa." Blue calls out carrying him out of Nicki's arms while humming a little tune to him which made him calm down fast just sniffing a bit.

"No need to worry he'll be fine." She said handing the baby over to her for a second before turning around taking her shirt off and taking him back from her.

She only felt a little comfortable taking her shirt off around Onika because she was a woman and she'd gotten quite comfortable with her.

She lays down on the bed placing papa on her chest, the little boy snuggling a little more into her chest before falling back asleep not too long after.

"Umm..." Nicki says a little confused.

"He likes skin to skin contact when he's sick." Blue says sensing her confusion. "What's wrong with him anyways?"

"He's been taking the wrong milk." Blue raised her brow at that not really getting what she meant.

Nicki contemplated telling her but decided to just tell so she wouldn't be confused if ever she saw him being breastfed.

"So basically he needs to be breastfed." She says taking a seat on the bed.

"Who's gonna do that?" She questions looking down at her brother.

"Beyoncé."

"She wants to do it? Are you sure?" Blue asks not thinking Beyoncé as the type to want to do it.

"I mean she volunteered, she really wants to do it."

"Okay, I guess, as long as it makes Pa okay." Blue shrugs still rocking him.

"How was school today?" Nicki then asks after awhile looking up from Papa to Blue.

"It was.. a lot." She said shaking her head the thought of King coming back to her.

"What happened? Did you make any friends?" Nicki asks wondering what seemed to be bothering the girl so much.

"Yeah but like I don't know.." Blue breathes out "I feel like I did something wrong." She says guiltily.

Nicki only nods for her to continue liking the fact that the girl was slowly starting to open up and share, even if it was just little things like how her day went.

Blue then explains everything to her that had happened in school..

"I should've just left him alone now he got in trouble and it's all my fault, now he's not gonna wanna talk to me again and I literally just lost the only friend I ever managed to make in barely five hours." She rambled, over thinking as usual.

Nicki just sat there listening wondering why she was taking it so seriously.

"It's not your fault Blue calm down, you just wanted him to have fun and that just happened you couldn't have helped it." Nicki says stopping her rambling.

"But his mom was angry and I don't know I feel like he's in trouble.. Dad always did that when he was mad." Now if she wasn't worried for him before she definitely was now.

"Calm down Blue parents get mad all the time but that doesn't always mean something bad, she was probably just angry that he'd broken his glasses or he'd gotten hurt."

"I guess, but do you think he'll still talk to me?"

"I don't know you're just gonna have to find out but I don't think he wouldn't if y'all are friends like you said." Nicki says.

"I hope we're still friends."

-

𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵?

𝘗𝘢𝘱𝘢'𝘴 𝘴𝘬𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘬𝘪𝘯 𝘩𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘵?

𝘕𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘪?

𝘉𝘭𝘶𝘦?

𝘒𝘪𝘯𝘨?

-