Chapter XI

Beyoncé slowly stood up from the seat not wanting to freighten the girl any more, "Shh..It's okay, I'm not gonna do anything to you."

Rumi only looked up at the woman hesitantly, "Are you g-gonna hurt me?"

"No, I just wanna get to know you better." Beyoncé spoke crouching down in front of the girl.

"Mommy said you' nice so maybe she's right." Rumi said looking everywhere but the woman's face, she then gently grabbed her hand.

"Can I pick you up?" Beyoncé asks not wanting the girl to start screaming.

Over the past few weeks since the kids started staying at their house, she'd realised that they all had some weird quirk about them for example..

Blue probably had separation anxiety.

Rumi screams whenever something doesn't go right and doesn't like looking people in the eye.

Sir was always so serious.

It was all so confusing, and at this point she was beginning to seriously consider having this children see a therapist.

Rumi nodded as Beyoncé carefully picked her up, walking them over to the couch that was at the back of the studio with Rumi in her lap.

"Are you really b-bad?" Rumi asks playing with her fingers.

"Not that I know of." Beyoncé said chuckling a little.

"Mhmm.." Rumi said putting her index and thumb finger on her chin in a thinking motion.

"You wanna play a game?" Beyoncé asks seeing as this was the perfect time to get enough evidence on the so-called parents of this children.

Stealthily, she turned on her voice recorder.

"Otay." Rumi claps excitedly "I go first.. I go first!"

"Okay you can go first."

"Is you and mommy married?" Rumi asks with a look of general confusion on her face.

"Yes, we are." Beyoncé replies as Rumi just nods at the answer "My question.. how many siblings do you have?"

It might have sounded like a stupid question but she needed to know especially if they had another sibling with their scumbag parents.

"Dis many." Rumi says holding up three fingers, nodding in affirmation.

"My turn! My turn! Are you a singer cause I see you on tv the othe' day?"

Beyoncé thinks it over, before deciding to just answer the truth, she knew the children were gonna find out about her job at some point anyways.

"Yes." Beyoncé said.

They go back and forth asking each other random questions like age, favourite colour, dream vacation and so on before Beyoncé decided to take it up a notch.

"My question.. where are your parents?"

Rumi looks at her only for a split second before looking back down "They're at home, no want us no more."

"What happened?"

"Blue said not to tell.. and I don't wanna play the game again." Rumi didn't even wait for a reply before bolting out the door.

Beyoncé sighed laying back in the chair as the words kept replaying over and over in her head.

"Blue said not to tell.."

Why in the world would Blue not want her to tell?

What could have possibly happened that day?

-

𝑆ℎ𝑜𝑟𝑡 𝑢𝑝𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑒.

𝐼 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑦'𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑡𝑜 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝐼 𝑤𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑏𝑒 𝑢𝑝𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑖𝑛 𝑎𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑒, 𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝐼'𝑚 𝑡𝑟𝑦𝑛𝑎 𝑔𝑒𝑡 𝑚𝑦 𝑑𝑟𝑎𝑓𝑡𝑠 𝑡𝑜𝑔𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟. 𝐵𝑢𝑡 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑦 𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒'𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑦 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑓𝑟𝑒𝑞𝑢𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝑢𝑝𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑠 𝑎𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡.

𝑉𝑜𝑡𝑒, 𝐶𝑜𝑚𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡, 𝑆ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑒 ❦✰

𝑆𝑒𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑜𝑛 𝑚𝑦 𝑛𝑒𝑥𝑡 𝑜𝑛𝑒.