Chapter XVIII

Beyoncé knocks on the door a little not wanting to intrude on the conversation she was sure Nicki was having with Blue but when she didn't hear any reply she opened the door to see both of them sleeping.

"Aww.. they're sleep." She whispered walking out the room closing the door behind her before walking back downstairs.

"Nicki is sleeping in y'all's room right now, so.." she trailed off not knowing if they'd want to sleep with her or in one of the other guestrooms.

She was planning on getting them their own individual rooms when the adoption was finalized but in all honesty she wasn't even sure if they'd want to sleep apart from one another.

"Then we sleep wit' 'em." Rumi shrugged not looking away from the television.

"I guess.." Beyoncé shrugged taking a seat on the couch with them.

"What are we watching?" She asked looking at the movie playing on the tv.

"Encanto." Sir mumbled eyes still focused on the television..

Beyoncé just sighed deciding to focus on the movie with the kids maybe this was one way to get closer to them.

-

The movie finished later on, Beyoncé checking the time seeing it was almost ten p.m.

"It's way past your bedtime, let's go to sleep." She yawned getting up from the couch picking Papa up who had fallen asleep twenty minutes into the film.

The other two children got up from the couch following her into the room where Nicki and Blue were fast asleep.

They both got into the bed with them, Beyoncé placed Papa in the middle not wanting him to roll of and fall.

'I really need to get him a crib' Beyoncé thought before placing a kiss on his forehead.

"What 'bout me?" Sir asked sadly when she was about to walk away from the bed.

"Umm.. okay." Beyoncé smiled doing the same to him, she wasn't sure if Rumi would want her to do it so she stood up from her bent position.

"Me?" Rumi suddenly asked shyly before looking away from her, "of course." Beyoncé replied back doing the same for her.

At least they were slowly getting somewhere in their relationship, it wasn't as strained as it was before.

It was like Rumi slowly started trusting her having not seen anything incriminating over the past week.

-

"Stop fucking crying!"

"I paid a lot of money for this so don't do nothing stupid!"

"Why she keep moving, and that little bitch is making the most annoying sounds ever!"

Screams. Blood. Cries. Laughter.

Those where the only things seen and heard in the room.. "So fucking tight!"

-

Nicki's Pov

The sounds of groans woke me up, making me scoot closer to the edge seeing Blue moving around desperately on the bed.

I shook her a little before she finally woke up, sweating and all. She seemed to be in a state of shock at first before she finally busted out crying.

I was really confused now but decided to console her first, she flinched back harshly when I tried to touch her making me move back.

"He- they... No.. no.. no!" she kept mumbling desperately, the sounds of her voice probably woke up the other kids who I just realised were in the room too.

Rumi moved over her brothers scooting closer to her, holding her cheeks between her palms.

Blue only seemed to calm down then, Rumi then started placing soft kisses on her forehead before placing one of her cheek.

Now I'm confused at how this little girl was able to calm her down so fast.. she went from cute to grown real fast.

I'm feeling a bit useless now but then how can I help them if they're not willing to tell me anything.

I'm feeling like whatever really happened is way worse than I thought.. but how am I supposed to figure it out without pushing or prying.

Shaking out of my thoughts, I'd seen Blue had calmed down with Rumi in her lap hugging her.. but Rumi had already fallen back asleep in that position.

Blue hadn't yet slept back but rather ran her fingers through the younger girls hair like I'd done to her too.

I slowly got back into the bed besides her, "you know I can't help you if I don't know what's wrong with you." I said softly.

She didn't say anything back for awhile looking down at her younger sister.

If there was one thing I really admired about her was the way she took care of her younger siblings even when she had something she was going through, she always put others before herself and honestly it was both admirable and concerning.

"You'll be mad if I told you." She breathed out not looking up at me. "You'd also be disgusted, I can't do it."

I couldn't say I didn't feel my heart break at that, "I would never be disgusted by you ever and whatever it is we can get through it together."

"I promise I'll tell but I just don't think I can do that right now but someday I will, you just need to be a little patient with me, I know I can be a headache at times or a burden but I just-i'm trying okay." Her eyes had started getting glossy at this point but she wouldn't let it fall.

"I don't know who put that idea in your head but it isn't true and you of all people should know that, you're not a burden and you're not a headache either." I said all at once wanting to send my point across.

Blue didn't even reply instead she gently pulled Rumi off her placing her on the bed next to her.

"I'm going to sleep." She mumbled turning over the other way.

I didn't know raising kids would be this hard but I just hope we can get through this soon, I can't bear to see them like this.

-

𝐶𝑜𝑚𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑠?

𝑇ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑠?