LP - Coming Back Down

LokixPeter

Coming Back Down by Hollywood Undead

TW; Gore, Blood, depression, self-harm

Loki turned sides, fighting along the Avengers and the Spiderling. In a battle between other world enemies, they won with a certain loss.

___________________________________________________

Portals kept opening left and right, Peter webbed as many of the aliens he could, as Loki to his right throwing blades after each web. Blasts, shrapnel, bodies, from left to right thats all that Peter saw. His family, The Avengers, fighting with him in the city streets as aliens with weapon blasters from another planet poured from the portals. Portal after portal, alien after alien, the team continued to fight. Peter took to a building clinging to the side as he generated a trapping web with his suit. He aimed and shot at the portals somehow the web stuck and blocked the portals, for the time being. The fight was far from over as he swung back down aiming and shooting webs at what he could to capture and collect the aliens as the others worked around him, protecting him, and Peter doing the same for them. Peter had made his way further down the street block, catching more aliens in web. Nobody knew where these aliens came from, only that they were dangerous and numerous, and appeared an hour killing pedestrians, the portals were isolated to only this street and this city. New York seemed to be a beacon for alien travel.

Peter's tingle knocked him off balance, this tingle was coarse and sharp, Peter twisted instantaneously his eyes landing on Loki, their eyes matched pain shot through Loki's eyes as a blast went through Loki's chest. Loki's body fell back following the spray. Peter screamed in matching pain as he watched his lover fall. Peter sprinted and bashed his way past aliens, their bodies flailing and falling apart as the Spiderling's adrenaline pumped violently through his veins.

Peter finally reached Loki's battered body, Peter ripped his mask away from his face as tears flooded his eyes. It was too late as Peter gathered Loki into his arms and lap, Peter let out a sob as his heart shattered into pieces.

"Loki!" Peter cupped Loki's cheek, "It's okay love-" Loki choked on the blood, gurgling out his last words, with the last of his strength as it left, Loki's eyes closed.

Peter stayed sobbing in his place, blasters becoming white noise as he began to fade out of his own reality. The Avengers one by one noticed the fallen vigilante, they protected the Spiderling as he sobbed for his life back. Soon the fighting was over, the aliens piled off as shield finally showed up to "help" with the left over carnage. The Avengers had to pull Peter away, while Thor gathered Loki in his arms, holding on to his sibling mournfully on the groups way back to the tower.

The ship was painfully quiet, other than the soft cries and sniffles that Peter couldn't suppress. Once the carrier had landed, it took a moment for the group to move, slowly gathering themselves one by one. Thor still carrying his brother, looked to the sky and as the Bifrost opened around them, then they were gone.

"Th-Thor wait I-!" Peter called out, too late as the norse Gods were gone.

Peter broke into another painful sob as Natasha wrapped an arm around him leading the hurting young man inside.  Peter held onto Natasha as she walked him to his room, sitting him down on the edge of his bed, the Black Widow pet the Spiderling's hair.

"I'm sorry Little Spider.." She whispered, Peter sobbed into her hip.

"Why did- If I only- I could have-" Peter hiccuped between sobs, Nat clicked her tongue.

"No Peter, there was nothing you could have done... You know that.. These things happen Pete, it's never been easy." She spoke plain, but she only meant it in the best way, Peter knew that.