FP - Birthdays and Soul Mates

Ship of the Shot: FlashxPeter

Soul mates au. I saw this on tumblr ages ago and liked the idea so I thought I'd use it here.

Warning: Strong language, homophobic slurs.

_____________________

"EEH EEH EEH EEH" Screamed Peter's  alarm clock, Peter sighed and slammed his hand against the "snooze" button. Today was Peter's birthday, meaning he was now 18. Peter's 18th birthday was a special day like everyone else's, a persons 18th birthday meant they would find their soul mate. Sometimes people would find their soul mate early, but their body doesn't tell them at that point because they're too young to realize it. The way they would know who their sould mate is that their chest would become warm, and produce a small soft glow, of a colour, the other will produce the same colour.

Pink hues are most common and for first time soul mates, purples are rare, and for soul mates have been together before in a different life time or different dimension. Blues are the rarest, that colour shows that the pair have been together in past lives, future lives, other dimensions and they will always be soul mates. That's why it's the rarest soul mate colour, but it also is the worst colour if the pair hates each other. Being a blue soul mate can cause the worst damage to a person if the soul mate is rejected.

When the other half notices, they will both get the warm glow again. Although, this reaction is weak when the soul mates are born far apart and one takes longer to be 18, or if there's any hatred for their soul mate. If the soul mates fall back in love, their chest will glow brighter once more. It will only glow three times during those times, but never again.

Since Flash was a quite few months older, he was 18 way before Peter. He knew Peter was his soul mate first, and tried to hate him. On the other hand, Peter didn't hate Flash, yet. He seemed to be going down that path ever since Flash got worse. Peter, the poor boy never could understand why Flash was beating him up, cursing at him, telling lies about him. Soon he'd figure out though, and his reaction to such a thing could be detrimental.

Peter had a "special birthday" breakfast with Aunt May, before he left their apartment for school. Peter was a little later than he usually was for school, usually being early to meet with Ned, but still got there before the bell. Peter went to his first class and sat at his regular table, then Flash sat next to him. Plopping down with force, he looked over and smirked. "Hey Faggot, How's your morning Penis Parker?" Flash laughed, Peter turned and looked at Flash, he was going to roll his eyes, but the warming feeling in his chest stopped him. Next he looked down and saw his chest radiating a soft blue glow.

Peter looked at Flash who had realized and tried to cover his own chest. "Shit." Flash cursed to himself, Peter became angry, his face red and hot, he quickly stood and walked out of the room not waiting for permission. He walked into the restroom and locked himself in a stall. Holding his head in his hands he sat against the wall, his feet holding himself. He rubbed his eyes in confusion. 'Why was our colour fucking blue? Why is he my soul mate? Why does it have to be him?' Peter asked himself wanting to cry. Flash, after being told, well yelled at, got up and went to one of the first mens restrooms in the hall. "Hey Penis Parker, where are you? Teach wants you back in class." He called out to the small room, acting as if he didn't just mess up anything, or anyone.

He pushed open the empty stall doors till he got to the one Peter was in. "Parker, come on let's go. I'm not gonna waste my time on you." Flash sighed and sat down against the wall, after a few mintues of silence Flash started speaking. "God, I really hope you're there Parker. Because, look, or well listen, I'm Flash, I'm popular and everyone likes me. Why would I choose to be seen with you?" He asked, "But... The thing is you're perfect. Perfect Parker. Perfect grades, perfect looks, people who actually love you. I have none of that, and I'm stupidly selfish, and stupid in general." He sighed softly and rubbed his temple.

"I try so hard for people to like me, and people to hate you, maybe when I found out you were my soul mate it should have been the other way... But I couldn't let it go. I wanted to be better than everyone, but I'm always the worst. I fucked up and you don't trust me and don't like, well you hate me now. Nothing will probably change that, and I get it. But honestly, I found this out the hard way, your heat literally fucking aches, and just hurts without seeing you. Isn't that just fucking lame Peter?" He asked and patted the stall door sadly, his voice changing from strong to soft and weak.

"Yeah it is isn't it? Me, Flash Thompson, fucking lame. Too stupid to admit feelings and to admit we're soul mates because I was, am, jealous of how perfect you are... What the fuck am I doing? I am literally talking to nothing, I'm talking to air and why? Because Peter you're not actually here and I'm just stupid. I'm so fucking sorry... I'm so sorry, you deserve way better than me. So much better." Flash continued with that same soft, weak, broken voice getting to a whisper at the end. Peter watched from above, watching Flash admit everything made his stomach twist in knots.

Peter couldn't take anymore of it, and started talking. "You're right. I do. I deserve the best because of what I do and that will never be you will it? You're ego is too fucking big for you to even handle. You couldn't even admit it when your chest glowed fucking blue. That's the most pathetic thing I've heard and an apology won't change how I feel. You take everything out on everyone, especially me. I'd rather die than be your soul mate Flash. Maybe that's what I'll do tonight since I know now. No, nevermind you'd like that way too much wouldn't you? Because that would make you free." Peter snapped, and exited the stall. He stared down at Flash. "I didn't hate you, but now? Now you've pushed my limit Flash and I will never be your soul mate. So fuck you." Peter left and slammed the door, pushing it too hard.

Peter went home and curled up in bed. He felt tears leave his eyes as he felt sobs break through. His whole body hurt, and his heart ached just like Flash said it would. 'That bastard.' Peter thought to himself. Over the next few days, Peter stayed home. He thought it better than seeing Flash, but his heart new better. On Saturday afternoon Peter's Aunt May knocked on his door, "Peter, honey? There's someone here for you?" She said through the thin door. Peter hummed calming down and fixed himself slightly. He went down stairs and to the door. He opened it, saw, Flash, and tried to close it but Flash stopped it with his foot. "What do you want Eugene?" Peter seethed, Flash winced. "I.. I felt something was wrong, I know something is wrong, I've just convinced myself to see you..." He mumbled awkwardly, Peter just rolled his eyes. "Yeah whatever, just leave me alone. I want nothing to do with you." Peter huffed, but Flash pushed through and hugged Peter, Peter tried to get away, but  after struggling, of course not wanting to hurt Flash with his real strength, he melted into the hug.

Maybe it was a soul mate thing, maybe he just needed a hug, but Peter felt happier, not completely but, better than before. "I know you're upset and pissed and angry, and so much more... But I'm sorry I truly am, I never really knew how much damage could happen if we just let go until I looked it up. These past few days have been hell not seeing you, and I know I can do better." Flash whispered, "As soul mates who are separated by anger and hate we could die of broken hearts, fall ill, and be so unhappy, and so much more without our soul mates. I didn't want it to happen with you." Flash said scratching the back of his neck. Peter sighed and pulled Flash inside and up to his room. He pushed Flash on the bed and laid on top of him. "What are you-" Flash tried to speak but was shushed. "Shut up Flash, just lay with me. You try anything, or hurt me. I'll fucking punch you so hard you'll be knocked out for a week." Peter mumbled closing his eyes and sighing softly.

'This felt way better than being called names or being hit.' Peter thought to himself. On the other hand Flash was terrified to move from his spot, or even touch Peter. "I'm so sorry Peter... Now that I know officially that it's you who is my soul mate I want to change. For you." After a while Flash got a little more comfortable and played with Peter's hair. Peter had fallen asleep, but his chest admitted a beautiful blue glow once more, and Flash's did too with his matching colour as he watched Peter sleep. Flash kissed Peter's head and fell asleep, the two took a nap together.