. ii

(Y/N) skipped classes the next day.

She still left the house as she usually does just so avoid suspicion. She also apologized to her mom for her language and behavior the night before.

Her classmates doesn't really think much about her skipping classes. In fact, they find her cool and awesome for actually doing so, despite how put-together she seems.

The school doesn't report her absences. She is always extra careful with her attendance so that they wouldn't call her mom.

The only reason she skipped the class was to go to her part-time. She usually works two to three times a week, once during the weekdays and twice during Sundays and Saturdays. She gets enough money to at least ease a bit of her mom's burden.

As for her work...she simply helps out at the local gym.

Interestingly enough, that gym is divided in three rooms. One is the typical gym where she sees a lot of people working out. (Y/N) sometimes recognizes the faces of her schoolmates too.

A few steps away, behind the doors is the boxing gym and taekwondo gym respectively. She doesn't really know who came up with the idea of building three different gyms, but it was her who benefits from it anyway.

How does she earn money?

Well...

"You must be kidding."

"I'm dead serious, kid," the trainer deadpanned with crossed arms. He pointed to the (h/c) haired girl just minding her own business in the corner, absent-mindedly blowing on a gum. "Everyone else does it to."

"You want me to fight a thin girl," the newcomer says incredulously.

Amusingly enough, this was a normal reaction for non-regulars.

"Yes I do."

"And I won't be given privileges to step in the ring to fight anyone else without beating her?"

"That's what I said."

"What does she even get from this?"

The trainer brought a hand to his chin and pretended to stroke an imaginary beard. "Well...there's the entertainment of watching newbies get pummeled by a smaller girl..."

"Excuse me what."

"She also earns money for every win," continues the man as if no one spoke. "It also became a routine for people to challenge her before leaving. Everyone appreciates being able to test their progress on a living person, and she appreciates the money she gets from each challenge."

To be honest, it wasn't always that way. She started out volunteering to clean the gyms for the entire day, switching from one place to another.

Not that they needed a janitor for it, but she was desperate for a job then.

"Alright, fine," the newbie relented. "Don't blame me if I hit her too much."

"Give it your best."

"Haha. You're very funny."

He carefreely walked over to the girl sitting with her legs crossed. (Y/N)'s eyes flicked up to him with scarce interest and sighed.

"You new?" she asks.

"Yep," the man sighs. "Just let me get this over with fast, okay?"

"Yeah, whatever."

The attention was instantaneous as the two climbed up the ring. Those frolicking around the gym immediately turned their heads in interest to watch what was happening.