. xi

Naturally, the beauty dept went mad.

"DID YOU JUST HIT OUR ELI?!"

She expertly moves away as an entire group of girls rushed over to slap her for her transgressions. The speaker seemed to be struggling to contain the situation, not when even he was also trying to understand what just happened.

Eli stood frozen amidst all the chaos, staring holes after her.

All of a sudden, it almost felt as if they were back on that night. Separated by a single wall, and speaking loudly if only to hear the other.

"Eli Jang!" she yelled out. "I'll set that damn date later!"

"No you won't!" some random girl rioted, trying to grab her.

(Y/N) watches as a smile slowly crept up the handsome boy's face. It was an expression that was both new and and off.

"Alright."

Finally, an answer. Took him long enough.

(Y/N) can now turn around and flee as fast as she could with an angry pack of girls running after her. Hopefully, the auction will continue as she leads the chaos away.

It was actually very easy to make the girls lose her. She didn't know how long she ran, but when she looked back, there was no longer anyone after her tail.

Come to think of it, their shouts probably vanished after the first fifteen minutes.

Now level-headed and alone, she just came to realize how impulsive she just acted...

(Y/N) groaned, slapping her face with her hand. She cannot believe she just used all her salary to buy that slippery guy!

The auction is probably over by now, right?

She can already hear Zoe's inquiries about her impulsive action. Ugh...it is really not what the girl probably thinks it is.

Walking idly, the (h/c) haired girl found herself in what seemed to be the parking lot of the school.

She doesn't really go in this area. She, unfortunately, doesn't know the way out.

Thankfully she heard voices just as she was about to lose hope and sit on the pavement.

"Let...let go!"

That was a rather loud shout.

There wasn't anyone in the parking lot. Surely, whoever that was would be able to understand each other without yelling?

However, there was an unsettling feeling in her gut that told her the voice is eerily familiar...again.

If she gets five dollars every time she finds Daniel in danger somewhere, she'd probably not be broke anymore.

She found three figures standing around as she turns a corner.

Yep, that was Daniel Park, alright. It is hard to mistake his backview for anyone else.

There is a girl too. Probably the one who bought him from the auction that just started.

As for the third person...

"This punk..."

(Y/N)'s blood ran cold.

Once upon a time, in the gym she used to work at, there was a strange person that came in just as she was trying to learn the moves she witnessed the men do.

Maybe it was her rotten luck that managed to impress that person.

But at that time, she only felt humiliated when she was beaten to the ground with a single strike.